watch hgtv com activate on Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, Smart TV
Last Modified on : September 13, 2021 by Tony Young | Category(s) : Activate Guide
Read to know how to download and activate HGTV on Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, and Samsung Smart TV at watch.hgtv.com/activate.
HGTV is a popular pay-TV channel owned by Discovery, Inc. As its name suggests, HGTV or Home & Garden Television, primarily broadcasts shows related to real estate and home improvement.
If you are fascinated by its programs, better download its application.
The HGTV GO app is available on all compatible streaming devices, smart TVs, and smartphones.
The TV Everywhere app must be activated on your digital media player by signing in with your TV provider.
Also Read: peacocktv.com/activate
|About HGTV||American Pay-TV Channel|
|Owned By||Discovery, Inc|
|Founded||December 01, 1994|
|Official App||HGTV GO|
|HGTV GO activation Page||https://watch.hgtv.com/activate|
|Compatible Connected Devices||Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, Samsung Smart TV|
|TV Providers||DirecTV, Time Warner cable charter spectrum, AT&T Uverse, Dish, Cox|
|Broadcast Area||HGTV can be watched in the U.S. only.|
Similar Story: go.discovery.com/activate
What is watch.hgtv.com/activate?
HGTV allows people to stream reality programs related to home improvement and real estate via its official HGTV GO app.
While the official app can be downloaded on streaming devices, smartphones, smart TV, tablets, and other smart devices from the application store, it needs to be activated before you could start watching your favorite shows – Good Bones, Property Brothers, Flip or Flop, Home Town, and Rock the Block.
To complete activating the HGTV GO app, you need to access watch.hgtv.com/activate.
Similar Post: watch.foodnetwork.com/activate
Watch HGTV with TV Subscription (Popular Shows)
As of 2015 (February), more than 95 million American households have already got access to the Home & Garden Television programs with a TV subscription.
If you wish to join the massive community of HGTV, get a TV provider subscription today.
You can easily activate and watch HGTV with a TV subscription on your favorite streaming platform. Here are the popular HGTV shows, trending series, featured episodes, and full clips that millions of Americans are already enjoying every day.
- Home Again with the Fords
- Home Town
- Rehab Addict Rescue
- 100 Day Dream Home
- TY Breaker
- Self-Made Mansion
- Flip or Flop
- Love It or List It
- Good Bones
- House Hunters International Volume 7
- What You Get For Your Money
- Beach Hunters
- Battle on the Beach
- Renovation Island
- HGTV Smart Home
- Rock The Block
- Fixer Upper
Why HGTV GO App? (Top Features)
- Closed captioning support
- Compatible with Chromecast
- Save episodes to your watch list
- Stream live TV with a TV provider
- Pick up episodes where you left off (across your devices)
- Browse by genre
Prerequisites for Activating HGTV App
Unless you have the following prerequisites ready beforehand, watch.hgtv.com/activation will fail.
Here are the things that you should be ready with before starting the HGTV activation process.
- Subscription to a participating TV provider.
- A compatible device (check below).
- The latest HGTV GO app.
- An HGTV account.
- A computer, mobile device, tablet, or laptop.
- The HGTV activation link – watch.hgtv.com/activate.
- A Wi-Fi connection.
|Note: HGTV can be watched in the U.S. only.|
Read More: tennischannel.com/activate
watch hgtv com activate Supported Devices and TV Providers
To enhance your viewing experience, it is recommended to get the HGTV app on your smart devices. The HGTV GO app is compatible with smart TV, streaming devices, smartphones, and tablets. Take a look below –
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Samsung Smart TV
For an uninterrupted streaming experience, you are highly recommended to get a TV provider subscription. Users who haven’t signed up for an account can select popular TV providers such as DirecTV, Time Warner cable charter spectrum, AT&T Uverse, Dish, Cox, Optimum, Bright House Networks, Mid continent communications, etc. Choose a provider, pay the respective charges, and start streaming HGTV. Click here to get a list of TV providers!
Get HGTV GO on Smart TV, Smartphones, Connected Devices via watch.hgtv.com/activate
Want some outstanding design for your home? Activate the HGTV Go app on your device to start streaming renovation, reality shows, and home-buying programming.
As of 2016, Home & Garden Television has said to have invested a minimum of $400 million on original programming annually. New Yorker described HGTV’s programming as “cheering and conflict-free”.
With digitalization and the intervention of streaming devices, access to amazing HGTV shows has become much easier.
Below, I will walk you through the step-by-step guide to add & activate the HGTV app via watch.hgtv.com/activate.
Also Activate: American Heroes Channel at ahctv.com/activate
Activate HGTV Go on Roku via watch.hgtv.com/activate –
If you have a Roku device, you need to refer to the following steps.
- Access the home screen of your Roku device by pressing the “Home” button on the Roku remote.
- Scroll up or down to navigate to the “Streaming Channels”.
- Under it, you will see the “Search Channels”.
- Use the virtual keyboard and type “HGTV GO” on the Roku “Channel Store”.
- Click on the “Add channel” button.
- Select “Go to channel” to return to the home screen.
- Locate the app at the bottom of the screen and launch it.
- Receive the Activation Code on the TV screen, which you will have to take note of. (A participating TV provider is required.)
- Navigate to watch.hgtv.com/activate on a different device (make sure it uses the same Wi-Fi network).
- Enter the code in the right field.
- Click on the “ACTIVATE” button to finish the process.
Your TV screen will refresh automatically. You are ready to use it.
Also Activate: watch.travelchannel.com/activate
HGTV GO on Fire TV –
Fire TV supports HGTV GO. Refer to the steps below to learn how to get the HGTV app on Amazon Fire TV without an error.
- Begin the process by getting the HGTV GO app from “Amazon AppStore”.
- Once installed, launch the app to receive an activation code.
- Keep the TV screen visible throughout the activation process.
- Head over to the activation page to enter the watch.hgtv.com/activate code.
- Click on the “Activate” button.
This would mark the end of the activation process. Your Amazon Fire TV device is ready to stream your favorite HGTV content.
Similar Post: Activate SYFY on Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV
watch.hgtv.com/activate on Apple TV –
Check the steps below to activate HGTV on Apple TV.
- Turn on the Apple TV device and go to “App Store”.
- Search for the HGTV app and click on the “Get” button to install it.
- Launch the app to get a unique activation code.
- You will have to note down the code or leave the screen visible for the remaining steps.
- Access your computer or mobile phone and launch a web browser.
- In the URL, enter the HGTV app activation link – watch.hgtv.com/activate.
- Enter the code in the desired field.
- Click on the “ACTIVATE!” button to finish the process.
A success message should appear on the screen. This completes the activation process successfully.
Quick Guide to Activate HGTV on Samsung Smart TV –
Smart TVs have an application store in which you will find all the channel apps. Samsung Smart TVs are no exception. If you own a Samsung Smart TV, go through the steps below to activate HGTV without a hassle.
- You need to access “Smart Hub” on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Search for “HGTV”.
- Install the app if it is not already there.
- Click on the app to open. It will seek the sign-in details.
- Provide the log-in credentials to receive a unique activation code.
- Now, on your mobile phone, go to watch.hgtv.com/activate (in the URL).
- Enter the code displayed on the TV screen.
- Click on the “Activate” button.
Within seconds, your TV screen will refresh automatically, enabling you to watch HGTV programming. Only you have to ensure that your Internet speed is great.
Also Read: tubi.tv/activate on Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV
Download HGTV GO App on Android & iOS –
Not at home? On the go?
No worries! Get the HGTV app on your mobile device and enjoy watch awesome home improvement videos.
- Go to “Play Store”.
- Or, go to “App Store”, or other application store depending on your mobile phone.
- Get the app on your phone by clicking on the “Install” button.
- Provide the sign-in details to log in.
- You are all set.
Also Read: epixnow.com/activate
HGTV on Chromecast –
Many people watch HGTV shows with Google Chromecast. This can be done right from your smartphone or tablet.
- Make sure Chromecast is connected to your TV.
- Now, get the HGTV app on your phone.
- Select Chromecast and click “Cast”.
You can now turn your non-smart TV into a smart one.
You May Also Want to Activate: DirecTV on Roku
How to Sign up and Sign In with HGTV (via TV Provider)?
You should definitely have an HGTV profile. To create one –
- Go to the official website – hgtv.com.
- Click on the “SIGN IN” button (on the top-right corner of the screen).
- A popup will appear, prompting you to select your TV provider.
- Click on your TV provider (Mediacom, Dish, FiOS, Optimum, DirecTV, etc.)
- On the sign-in page, provide your registered “Email Address” and “Password”.
- Click on the “Sign In” button.
- If you haven’t signed up with your TV provider yet, you need to look for the “Register” option on the sign-in page.
- You are on the Registration page.
- Enter your “Account Number”, “Phone Number on Account”, “Last 4 digits of your Credit Card on file”, and “Last Name”.
- Click “Continue”!
You have successfully registered with your TV provider.
Similar Post: aetv.com/activate
How to Watch HGTV without Cable?
Today, streaming HGTV shows like Home Town, House Hunters, etc. is very much feasible without cable. If you have decided to cut the cord and stop watching HGTV the traditional way, make sure you subscribe to one of the following streaming services.
- Philo: Philo is one of the most affordable streaming services available at $25 per month. Along with HGTV, you get access to more than 50 channels.
- Sling TV: Next in line is Sling TV. Check its Blue and Orange packages to enjoy live HGTV. Sling TV’s cloud DVR allows you to record your favorite shows. The subscription starts at $35 per month.
- Hulu + Live TV: At just $64.99 per month, you get to stream 70 popular channels, including HGTV.
- Vidgo: In its “Core” package, Vidgo includes HGTV along with 60 other major channels. You may sign up for the Core plan at just $55 per month.
- fuboTV: Sign up with fuboTV, download the fuboTV app on your streaming device, and stream amazing HGTV programs. Your family will get access to more than 80 channels. It also offers 250 hours of cloud DVR storage.
- AT&T TV: Can I stream HGTV on AT&T TV? Yes, you can. The subscription plan starts at $69.99 per month.
Note: Sign up with a streaming service to enjoy a 7-day FREE trial.
Quick Guide: showtimeanytime.com/activate
HGTV GO Activation Code Failed? Troubleshooting Tips
Did you run into some technical errors while trying to activate HGTV at www.watch.hgtv.com/activate? Try your hands at the following troubleshooting tips.
- Regenerate HGTV GO Registration Code: Repeat the activation process to regenerate an HGTV activation code. Make sure you enter the valid code on the Home & Garden Television activation page.
- Clear Browser Cookies & Cache: Sometimes the activation process fails due to an incompatible browser. Ensure that you are using an HGTV-supported web browser. For a better experience, use Chrome or Firefox.
- Update Your Device: Make sure your digital media device is updated. If not, access “Settings” and look for any updates available (if any).
- Enter Correct Activation Page: The HGTV activation page will appear on the TV screen along with the hgtv.com/activate code. Make sure you take note of it correctly.
- Fix the Internet: Are you using a slow Internet? Do a speed test and fix the problem if any. Only after ensuring that there’s no issue, begin the activation process.
Got a query? You might find a solution to it here. Check the HGTV Frequently Asked Questions below.
Q: What can I watch on HGTV?
Current episodes, live stream, live TV, and more.
Q: Who is my TV Provider?
It is your cable or satellite company that you pay a monthly fee (subscription) to watch Discovery’s TV networks.
Q: Is it mandatory to sign in to my TV provider?
No, it is not mandatory. You can still watch a few episodes without signing in. But, you may have to sign in with your TV provider to access full access to HGTV’s library.
Q: Is closed captioning available on HGTV?
You can access closed captioning on both on-demand and live episodes.
Q: What are the most compatible devices for HGTV?
Almost all major streaming devices, smartphones, smart TVs, tablets, and computers support HGTV shows.
Q: How can I watch HGTV without cable?
You can disconnect the cable and subscribe to streaming services like Sling TV, fuboTV, Hulu + Live TV, AT&T TV, and Vidgo.
Q: When can I watch a new episode on Roku after it airs on TV?
New episodes are usually added the next month after they air on TV.
Also Read: bet.com/activate
This is a comprehensive guide that gives you almost all the information you need to activate and stream HGTV on streaming platforms after activating the app at watch.hgtv.com/activate.