How to Activate HGTV GO on Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, Samsung Smart TV
Last Modified on : March 28, 2022 by Tony Young | Category(s) : Entertainment
Read to know how to install and activate HGTV GO on Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, and Samsung Smart TV at watch.hgtv.com/activate.
What Is HGTV?
HGTV is a popular pay-TV channel owned by Discovery, Inc. As its name suggests, HGTV or Home & Garden Television, primarily broadcasts shows related to real estate and home improvement. If you are fascinated by its programs, better download its application.
The HGTV GO app is available on all compatible streaming devices, smart TVs, and smartphones. The TV Everywhere app must be activated on your digital media player via watch.hgtv.com activate by signing in with your TV provider.
|About HGTV||American Pay-TV Channel|
|Owned By||Discovery, Inc|
|Founded||December 01, 1994|
|Official App||HGTV GO|
|HGTV GO Activation Page||https://auth.watch.hgtv.com/link|
|Compatible Connected Devices||Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, Samsung Smart TV|
|TV Providers||DirecTV, Time Warner cable charter spectrum, AT&T Uverse, Dish, Cox|
|Broadcast Area||HGTV can be watched in the U.S. only.|
Also Read: peacocktv.com/activate
What is watch.hgtv.com/activate?
HGTV allows people to stream reality programs related to home improvement and real estate through its official HGTV GO app. It needs to be activated on your preferred devices before you start watching your favorite shows – Good Bones, Property Brothers, Flip or Flop, Home Town, and Rock the Block.
To activate the HGTV GO app, you need to access watch.hgtv.com/activate.
Similar Story: go.discovery.com/activate
Is HGTV GO free?
Yes, you surely can watch free HGTV Episodes (Extreme Homes, Married to Real Estate, Rock the Block, and more) and unlocked HGTV Seasons (Fixer To Fabulous: Welcome Inn, Bargain Block, Unsellable Houses, Property Brother, and more).
If you wish to unlock more episodes, you can do that by linking your TV provider’s account. That means you must subscribe to HGTV through a participating TV provider. (See below!)
Similar Post: watch.foodnetwork.com/activate
Requirements to Activate HGTV via watch hgtv com activate
Unless you have the following prerequisites ready beforehand, watch.hgtv.com activation process will fail.
Here are the things that you should be ready with before starting the HGTV activation process.
- Subscription to a participating TV provider.
- An account with HGTV via your cable or satellite provider.
- A compatible device (check below).
- The latest HGTV GO app.
- An HGTV account.
- A computer, mobile device, tablet, or laptop.
- The HGTV activation link – watch.hgtv.com/activate.
- A Wi-Fi connection.
|Note: HGTV can only be watched in the U.S. only.|
watch hgtv com activate Supported Devices
To enhance your viewing experience, it is recommended to get the HGTV app on your smart devices. The HGTV GO app is compatible with smart TV, streaming devices, smartphones, and tablets. Take a look below –
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Samsung Smart TV
List of TV Providers
For an uninterrupted streaming experience, you are highly recommended to get a TV provider subscription.
Choose a provider, sign up for an account, pay the respective charges, and start streaming HGTV.
How to Sign up with HGTV via TV Provider?
You should definitely have an HGTV profile. To create one –
- Go to the official website – hgtv.com.
- Click on the “SIGN IN” button (on the top-right corner of the screen).
- A popup will appear, prompting you to select your TV provider.
- Click on your TV provider (Mediacom, Dish, FiOS, Optimum, DirecTV, etc.)
- On the sign-in page, provide your registered “Email Address” and “Password”.
- Click on the “Sign In” button.
- If you haven’t signed up with your TV provider yet, you need to look for the “Register” option on the sign-in page.
- You are on the Registration page.
- Enter your “Account Number”, “Phone Number on Account”, “Last 4 digits of your Credit Card on file”, and “Last Name”.
- Click “Continue”!
You have successfully registered with your TV provider.
Why HGTV GO App – Top Features
- Closed captioning support
- Compatible with Chromecast
- Save episodes to your watch list
- Stream live TV with a TV provider
- Pick up episodes where you left off (across your devices)
- Browse by genre
Read More: tennischannel.com/activate
Activate HGTV GO on Smart TV and Connected Devices via watch hgtv com activate
Want some outstanding design for your home? Activate the HGTV Go app on your device to start streaming renovation, reality shows, and home-buying programming.
As of 2016, Home & Garden Television has said to have invested a minimum of $400 million on original programming annually. New Yorker described HGTV’s programming as “cheering and conflict-free”.
With digitalization and the intervention of streaming devices, access to amazing HGTV shows has become much easier.
Below, I will walk you through the step-by-step guide to add & activate the HGTV app via watch.hgtv.com/activate.
Also Activate: American Heroes Channel at ahctv.com/activate
Activate HGTV GO on Roku via watch.hgtv.com/activate
If you have a Roku device, you need to refer to the following steps.
- Access the home screen of your Roku device by pressing the “Home” button on the Roku remote.
- Scroll up or down to navigate to the “Streaming Channels”.
- Under it, you will see the “Search Channels”.
- Use the virtual keyboard and type “HGTV GO” on the Roku “Channel Store”.
- Click on the “Add channel” button.
- Select “Go to channel” to return to the home screen.
- Locate the app at the bottom of the screen and launch it.
- Receive the Activation Code on the TV screen, which you will have to take note of. (A participating TV provider is required.)
- Navigate to watch.hgtv.com/activate on a different device (make sure it uses the same Wi-Fi network).
- Enter the code in the “Enter Activation Code” field.
- Click on the “Link TV Provider” button.
Your TV screen will refresh automatically. You are ready to use it.
Also Activate: watch.travelchannel.com/activate
Activate HGTV GO on Fire TV via watch.hgtv.com /activate
Fire TV supports HGTV GO. Refer to the steps below to learn how to get the HGTV app on Amazon Fire TV without an error.
- Begin the process by getting the HGTV GO app from “Amazon AppStore”.
- Once installed, launch the app to receive an activation code.
- Keep the TV screen visible throughout the activation process.
- Head to the activation page to enter the watch.hgtv.com/activate code.
- Click on the “Link TV Provider” button and enter the sign-in details when asked..
This will mark the end of the activation process. Your Amazon Fire TV device is ready to stream your favorite HGTV content.
Similar Post: Activate SYFY on Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV
watch.hgtv.com/activate on Apple TV –
Check the steps below to activate HGTV on Apple TV.
- Turn on the Apple TV device and go to “App Store”.
- Search for the HGTV app and click on the “Get” button to install it.
- Launch the app to get a unique activation code.
- You will have to note down the code or leave the screen visible for the remaining steps.
- Access your computer or mobile phone and launch a web browser.
- In the URL, enter the HGTV app activation link – https//watch.hgtv.com/activate.
- Provide the code displayed on the TV screen and click the “Link TV Provider” button.
A success message should appear on the screen. This completes the activation process successfully.
watch.hgtv.com activate on Samsung Smart TV
Smart TVs have an application store in which you will find all the channel apps. Samsung Smart TVs are no exception. If you own a Samsung Smart TV, go through the steps below to activate HGTV without a hassle.
- You need to access “Smart Hub” on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Search for “HGTV”.
- Install the app if it is not already there.
- Click on the app to open. It will seek the sign-in details.
- Provide the log-in credentials to receive a unique activation code.
- Now, on your mobile phone, go to watch.hgtv.com/activate (in the URL bar).
- You will enter the code and click Link TV Provider..
Within seconds, your TV screen will refresh automatically, enabling you to watch HGTV programming. Only you have to ensure that your Internet speed is great.
Also Read: tubi.tv/activate on Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV
Watch HGTV on Chromecast
Many people watch HGTV shows with Google Chromecast. This can be done right from your smartphone or tablet.
- Make sure Chromecast is connected to your TV.
- Now, get the HGTV app on your phone.
- Select Chromecast and click “Cast”.
You can now turn your non-smart TV into a smart one.
You May Also Want to Activate: DirecTV on Roku
How to Install HGTV GO App on Android & iOS?
Not at home? On the go?
No worries! Get the HGTV app on your mobile device and enjoy watch awesome home improvement videos.
- Go to “Play Store”.
- Or, go to “App Store”, or other application store depending on your mobile phone.
- Get the app on your phone by clicking on the “Install” button.
- Provide the sign-in details to log in.
- You are all set.
Also Read: epixnow.com/activate
How to Watch HGTV without Cable?
Today, streaming HGTV shows like Home Town, House Hunters, etc. is very much feasible without cable. If you decide to cut the cord and stop watching HGTV the traditional way, make sure you subscribe to one of the following streaming services.
- Philo: Philo is one of the most affordable streaming services available at $25 per month. Along with HGTV, you get access to more than 50 channels.
- Sling TV: Next in line is Sling TV. Check its Blue and Orange packages to enjoy live HGTV. Sling TV’s cloud DVR allows you to record your favorite shows. The subscription starts at $35 per month.
- Hulu + Live TV: At just $64.99 per month, you get to stream 70 popular channels, including HGTV.
- Vidgo: In its “Core” package, Vidgo includes HGTV along with 60 other major channels. You may sign up for the Core plan at just $55 per month.
- fuboTV: Sign up with fuboTV, download the fuboTV app on your streaming device, and stream amazing HGTV programs. Your family will get access to more than 80 channels. It also offers 250 hours of cloud DVR storage.
- AT&T TV: Can I stream HGTV on AT&T TV? Yes, you can. The subscription plan starts at $69.99 per month.
Note: Sign up with a streaming service to enjoy a 7-day FREE trial.
Quick Guide: showtimeanytime.com/activate
Watch HGTV Popular Shows
As of 2015 (February), more than 95 million American households have already got access to the Home & Garden Television programs with a TV subscription.
If you wish to join the massive community of HGTV, get a TV provider subscription today.
You can easily activate and watch HGTV with a TV subscription on your favorite streaming platform. Here are the popular HGTV shows, trending series, featured episodes, and full clips that millions of Americans are already enjoying every day.
- Home Again with the Fords
- Home Town
- Rehab Addict Rescue
- 100 Day Dream Home
- TY Breaker
- Self-Made Mansion
- Flip or Flop
- Love It or List It
- Good Bones
- House Hunters International Volume 7
- What You Get For Your Money
- Beach Hunters
- Battle on the Beach
- Renovation Island
- HGTV Smart Home
- Rock The Block
- Fixer Upper
HGTV GO Activation Failed? Troubleshooting Tips
Did you run into some technical errors while trying to activate HGTV at watch.hgtv.com/activate?
Try your hands at the following troubleshooting tips.
- Regenerate HGTV GO Registration Code: Repeat the activation process to regenerate an HGTV activation code. Make sure you enter the valid code on the Home & Garden Television activation page.
- Clear Browser Cookies & Cache: Sometimes the activation process fails due to an incompatible browser. Ensure that you are using an HGTV-supported web browser. For a better experience, use Chrome or Firefox.
- Update Your Device: Make sure your digital media device is updated. If not, access “Settings” and look for any updates available (if any).
- Enter Correct Activation Page: The HGTV activation page will appear on the TV screen along with the hgtv.com/activate code. Make sure you take note of it correctly.
- Fix the Internet: Are you using a slow Internet? Do a speed test and fix the problem if any. Only after ensuring that there’s no issue, begin the activation process.
Got a query? You might find a solution to it here. Check the HGTV Frequently Asked Questions below.
What can I watch on HGTV?
Current episodes, live stream, live TV, and more.
Who is my TV Provider?
It is your cable or satellite company that you pay a monthly fee (subscription) to watch Discovery’s TV networks.
Is it mandatory to sign in to my TV provider?
No, it is not mandatory. You can still watch a few episodes without signing in. But, you may have to sign in with your TV provider to access full access to HGTV’s library.
Is closed captioning available on HGTV?
You can access closed captioning on both on-demand and live episodes.
What are the most compatible devices for HGTV?
Almost all major streaming devices, smartphones, smart TVs, tablets, and computers support HGTV shows.
How can I watch HGTV without cable?
You can disconnect the cable and subscribe to streaming services like Sling TV, fuboTV, Hulu + Live TV, AT&T TV, and Vidgo.
How to watch HGTV without cable for free?
The only way you can watch HGTV without cable for free is by seeking the 7-day free trial.
When can I watch a new episode on Roku after it airs on TV?
New episodes are usually added the next month after they air on TV.
How to watch HGTV free?
If you asked “can I stream HGTV for free”, you will be glad to know that HGTV offers both free and paid shows and episodes.
To watch the free episodes on your TV, connect your HGTV account with TV via watch hgtv com activate. If you subscribe to a participating TV provider, you can enjoy uninterrupted entertainment.
How to watch HGTV online?
You will need a few things to watch HGTV online.
- A computer
- Internet connection
- Your TV provider’s sign-in details
Access the HGTV website and use the credentials when asked to start streaming HGTV programming.
Can I stream HGTV on Roku?
Yes, you surely can enjoy your favorite HGTV shows on Roku by adding & activating the channel. Check the above steps to activate HGTV GO on Roku via https watch hgtv com activate.
Also Read: bet.com/activate
This is a comprehensive guide that gives you almost all the information you need to activate and stream HGTV on streaming platforms after activating the app at watch.hgtv.com/activate.
Similar Post: aetv.com/activate