Cox Panoramic WiFi Setup (Updated Guide)
Last Modified on : February 14, 2022 by Tony Young | Category(s) : Tech
Are you looking for easy steps to complete the Cox Panoramic WiFi setup process? Here’s an updated guide for your reference.
Cox Panoramic WiFi is a high-speed internet specially designed to cover all your requirements by giving options to manage your in-home WiFi networks more systematically. It can be used as a router and a modem, making it a two-in-one gateway. As the Cox Panoramic WiFi modem is a twin band router, it allows you to connect easily with standard or 5G broadband. It also takes care of the speed and connectivity issues that you may experience if you are located in a low WiFi zone like a basement or some corner bedroom.
You must have a question – “what is Cox Panoramic WiFi gateway?” The answer is quite simple that it is the only Wi-Fi modem that the Cox Panoramic gives for rental. The Cox Panoramic WiFi has optional pods that can help to extend your reception and these can easily be plugged into a nearby wall outlet to increase and transmit the signal received from your router or the modem combo.
Now, the question arises: how to set up Panoramic WiFi Cox? You will find all your answers in subsequent paragraphs.
What Router Does Cox Use For Panoramic WiFi?
The new revolutionary home networking device called the Panoramic WiFi gateway by Cox Communications is a combination of two network devices:
- An ARRIS 3.1, 2 port, wired gigabit router
- A NETGEAR NIGHTHAWK, 802.11 ac, a dual-band WiFi router
The combination of the above-mentioned routers gives the Cox Panoramic WiFi gateway its dynamic abilities.
Cox Panoramic WiFi Setup Guide
How to Set Up Cox Panoramic Wifi Gateway?
Various ways for Cox Panoramic WiFi Gateway setup are as follows: the Panoramic WiFi app, the admin portal, and the web portal at wifi.cox.com. Using either the app or the web portal is recommended more than using the admin portal. To access the Cox Panoramic WiFi gateway’s settings panel, you must first log in to your router.
Make sure you have all of the following requirements before beginning the login process:
- A Cox panoramic router.
- A working connection with your router’s network.
- A web browser (like Internet Explorer, Safari, Google Chrome, to name a few).
You can access your Cox Panoramic router’s settings dashboard once you’ve met all of the above conditions.
The instructions for logging into your router are listed below:
- Start by connecting the device to your router’s WiFi network.
- In the address bar of your web browser type wifi.cox.com.
- You’ll be asked to re-enter your primary Cox user ID and password.
- Once you’ve submitted the correct login information, you’ll be sent to your Cox Panoramic router’s login dashboard, where you can effortlessly set up your router.
Once you have successfully logged into your router, you will be able to set up your Cox Panoramic WiFi router easily.
To connect to Cox panoramic wifi, follow the procedures outlined below.
- Connect the coax cable to the back of the modem. Before connecting your Cox panoramic Wi-Fi router to the power supply, reconnect the power to the power port on the backside of the router.
- Once you switch on the power of the Cox panoramic router, the initial boot process will take 15 minutes to complete.
- In order to activate your Cox Panoramic Wi-Fi router go to cox.com/activate.
- The service address, account number, and Cox User ID on your router can now be used to locate your account. After that, press the next button.
- Finally, follow the on-screen directions to activate the device.
Cox Panoramic WiFi Router Reset Instructions
Resetting your Cox panoramic WiFi router is your only option if you forget the username and password. Steps to reset your router are listed below:
- Ensure that your router is switched on.
- At the back or bottom of your Cox Panoramic Wi-Fi router, you can find the reset button.
- Press and hold the reset button for about 15-20 seconds and then wait for the router to automatically reboot.
Is Cox Panoramic WiFi worth It?
Once you start using the Cox panoramic WiFi for your internet service, you are giving your connection and devices extra protection as the Gateway has advanced security features installed in it.
The Gateway is specially designed to provide extra protection for the internet needs of your entire house. It enhances individual, personalized security for every device.
Along with this, you can also buy Pods which are signal boosters that can be easily plugged into any outlet in your home to have a better signal. The Cox Hotspot is supported by an already enabled modem that supplies separate WiFi access.
These hotspots are the best option for work connections or security systems and even if the whole family is using the internet simultaneously, the speed does not decrease. But, HotSpot does require a subscription which means extra cost.
Can Cox Panoramic WiFi Self Install?
The Cox panoramic urges its customers to opt for self-installation.
For this, the company has launched a special online service for its customers to have a hassle-free experience.
The company has a step-by-step guide to make self-installation easy.
If Cox Panoramic Wifi Pods Are Not Connecting
Pods are signal boosters that can be purchased with the Cox Panoramic WiFi but what if the pods are not connecting or not receiving any power. Then, you have to:
- Ensure that the outlet that you are using has power by plugging in another Pod or some other device. When you plug in the pods, always check that the LED light is turned on solid for a brief moment and then slowly it starts pulsing as it gets connected to the cloud. It will also turn off after being connected.
- Do check once that it has not been turned off accidentally.
- If the outlet is working fine and the LED of the pod does not switch on at all when it is plugged in, then it clearly indicates that there is some problem wrong with the pod.
Seldom, the two pods are placed far away from each other. Even when it’s not connected to the internet, it attempts to connect to the cloud, and the LED will continuously fluctuate until it connects.
- Move the pod nearer to another pod or to a location where a working pod is known to be. After the pods are connected, the LED indicator will turn off.
- Check the signal quality by using the pod health indicator. One of the causes for pods going offline is the poor signal.
- If there is a problem with range then you can add another pod to your network.
Moreover, there may be some typical problem with the pod preventing it from connecting to the rest of the network. Then you will have to contact for assistance and if no reason is found for the pod’s non-connectivity then the pod might be defective and has to be replaced.
You can get a replacement for zero charges if your pod was under warranty.
The Final Words
You might wonder “how does Cox Panoramic WiFi work?” Well, Cox Panoramic WiFi is an excellent option for gaming enthusiasts, remote workers, and people who want to watch different movies and songs without any interruption. The speed remains great throughout your house and you can enjoy an enhanced uninterrupted connection.
Cox Panoramic WiFi is a great option for areas having poor connectivity and unreliable internet. This is the best way to have a reliable internet network which has a good speed and is also secure, throughout your house. If your Cox Panoramic wifi pods not connecting, contact officials immediately.
Also Read: Definitive Guide to Program Optimum Remote