Are you looking for the correct steps to program the Optimum remote to the TV?
I’m, in this definitive guide, going to talk about the step-by-step method to program the Optimum remote and control your TV using its various outstanding features.
Program Optimum Remote (Types and Features)
The Internet has taken the world by storm and is massively accessed by people of all walks of life to accomplish multiple tasks (sending emails, making online purchases, and more).
However, the need for cable television cannot be overlooked – particularly, when it comes to entertainment.
Cable service providers have their share of fun as people still believe TV being the ultimate entertainment option.
Reputable cable brands are recognized for offering hundreds of HD channels, video-on-demand content, live TV, and their ability to broadcast content over the Internet. One of the recognized brands is Optimum TV by Altice.
If you have recently purchased Optimum cable TV service, they will ensure that you have got a remote control.
Depending on the Optimum TV package that you have availed (Core TV, Select TV, and Premier TV), you will have one of the following remotes –
- Altice One with Netflix button
- Altice One
- Black with A/B/C/D buttons
- Silver with “O.” button
- Silver with “iO” button
- Optimum Stream
Having an Optimum TV remote bequeaths you with several amazing features. Not only does it let you aim anywhere and control your box, but also the remote once paired with the box allows you to navigate through your favorite shows and movies even in the dark using the Sleek Backlist keys.
Once programmed, you can use the remote to control your TV functions by turning the power, increasing/ decreasing the volume, and more.
Here are some of the key features of an Optimum remote.
- Voice Commands: The voice remote has the voice command feature that allows you to control your TV using your voice. Some of the voice command examples are “Go to My Picks”, “Turn on closed captioning”, “Watch ESPN”, “Tom Hanks”, and more. It means you can use your voice to find your favorite sports teams, search by genre, search by director or actor, search by title for TV shows or movies, navigate to menu, open apps, and tune to a network.
Just press and hold the mic button and speak just the way you do. On your TV screen, you will see the microphone is one and taking your commands. Release the mic button once you are done to see the search results.
Note: Voice commands are available only in English.
- On-Demand Button: If you see an on-demand button on your remote, use it to explore the library of TV shows and movies. This way you can make the most of your free time.
- TV Input Button: Use the TV Input button to switch to other devices such as a cable box, Blu-ray disc player, and more.
- Robust Search Button: Looking for your favorite programs? Why not make the most use of the “Search” button? It comes in handy in finding everything you want to watch on the bigger screen.
What an Optimum Remote Would Look-like?
Your Optimum remote will have these important buttons to control what you want to watch. Here’s how an Optimum remote would look like.
With these many robust buttons available at your disposal, you can aim anywhere to control your box.
Not just that, if you want to watch your favorite movies in the dark, its sleek backlit keys will help you navigate to the right programs.
Complete Guide to Program Optimum Remote to your TV
Let’s get started with the appropriate steps to program your Optimum remote to the TV.
Below, I have covered how to program Optimum remote of all types – whether you have an Altice One remote or an Altice remote with a Netflix button, or Silver with “iO” button.
How to Program Optimum Altice Remote (Altice One with Netflix Button)?
When it comes to control your TV and conveniently change programs from your cozy place, the remote has a massive role to play. Since you have an Altice One with Netflix remote, you must program the same to control the volume and power functions of your TV as well as Altice One.
Once paired with your Altice One using Bluetooth, your remote will accept your voice command even if it is placed out of sight.
Let’s unearth the steps to program Optimum remote and control the Altice One box while you are 30 feet away.
- Turn on the device and get hold of your remote.
- Press the “A” or “Home” button on the remote.
- Now that you are on the home screen, navigate to “Settings”.
- At the bottom of the screen, you will see the remote icon.
- Select it and then, select “PAIR REMOTE TO ALTICE ONE”.
- Stick to the on-screen directions and you will be prompted to select “Pair Remote Control”.
- After selecting the prompted option, you should immediately be notified that the remote is paired.
Your Optimum remote is paired to work with the Altice One with Netflix button. Switching channels, turning the volume up or down, and power functions are now so much fun.
Note: The remote won’t work with any other box if it is already paired with one box.
Unpair Optimum Altice One Remote with Netflix Button
If you have another box and want to use the same remote, you must unpair it first. To do that, check the following steps.
- On the remote, you need to press and hold 7 & 9 together for 5 seconds.
- The remote will be unpaired if the light starts blinking.
- It is back in IR mode.
- You can use the above steps to program your remote.
How to Connect Optimum Altice One Remote to TV?
Check the steps below if you want to connect your Optimum Altice One remote to the TV.
- Press the Home button on the remote. (Or, push )
- On the home screen, you will access the Settings
- Click pair remote to Altice One.
- You are now one step closer.
- Stick to the on-screen instructions and pair the remote.
Upon successful pairing, you will get a confirmation notification.
How to Program Black Remote with A/B/C/D Buttons to TV?
Using a black remote with A/B/C/D buttons, you can control your TV and all its functions.
- To program the remote to your TV, you need to turn it on.
- On your remote, press the TV button. (See image)
- You need to enter the code when prompted. (Select your TV brand to get the code.)
- After entering the TV code from the list, click
- Your TV will turn off.
- This marks the setup is complete.
Note: If your TV doesn’t turn off, make sure you enter the code correctly. Repeat the process to complete the setup.
How to Program Black Optimum Remote?
Do you get a Black Optimum remote?
I have discussed three working methods to program the Optimum remote to control your TV in various ways, such as power functions, volume, and cable box.
- One-Digit Code Programming Method:
Use this one-digit code programming method if you want to program the following TV brand:
- Philips/ Magnavox
Here’s a simple process for the Optimum program remote.
- Switch on your TV and press the TV and SELECT buttons on the remote. (Hold it for 5 seconds)
- You will see the Home button blinking twice.
- Now, you need to press the TV button on the remote and point it at the TV.
- Find your TV brand by pressing and holding the digit key.
- This will turn the TV off.
- You can now press the TV button to see if the TV turns on.
- If it does, the remote is paired.
- Check other features such as the volume button, etc.
Note: The steps are meant for the above brands. If you use a different TV brand, you should try out the Auto-Search Programming Method given below.
- Auto-Search Programming Method:
The following steps should come in handy if you don’t use a popular TV brand (mentioned above).
- Switch on your TV.
- Pick your remote and press & hold the TV and SELECT buttons simultaneously.
- Continue to press these buttons together until you see the Home button blinking. It will blink twice, in fact.
- Point the remote at your TV and press the SELECT button for a few seconds.
- This will turn your TV off.
- Now you need to press the TV button on the remote to turn your TV on.
- If the remote is successfully paired, the TV should turn on.
- Four-Digit Code Programming Method:
You can also try the below steps if the above two methods don’t work.
- Power on your TV (if it isn’t).
- Select your TV brand (you will see the option on your TV screen) to find the code.
- Press the TV button on the remote.
- You will now need to get the Home button blinking by pressing the TV & SELECT buttons together.
- Hold the buttons for a few seconds.
- Now, point the remote at your TV.
- Upon prompted, enter the code from the list.
- Press the TV button.
If your TV turns off, press the TV button again to turn it on.
Note: Try the other code (on the screen) if the pairing isn’t successful.