DirecTV on Roku – DIRECTV NOW Available on Roku Boxes, Sticks, and TVs
Last Modified on : July 31, 2021 by Tony Young | Category(s) : Roku
Owners of Roku TVs, sticks, and Boxes can now stream DirecTV NOW’s live TV and on-demand content on a monthly subscription basis. If you have a supported Roku device and have cut the cable TV cord, this is a great way to enjoy premium quality movies and videos. In this blog, I will guide you on how to get DirecTV on Roku to “stream more than 120 live channels, as well as on-demand, premium channels, popular shows, and hit movies through DIRECTV NOW on Roku”.
To enjoy the high-quality DIRECTV NOW content on a supported Roku device, make sure you have signed up for DIRECTV NOW. Online sign-up doesn’t take much time. And only after that, you can download the app or channel from the Roku Channel store. While you may opt for a month free trial (those who don’t have a DIRECTV NOW account), you are advised to cancel the FREE trial before the month ends. Else, you will get an auto-billed ($35/month) after one month.
Take a look at the price chart of DIRECTV NOW programming packages –
- Gotta Have It: $70 per month. You will get 120+ channels.
- Go Big: $60 per month. You will receive 100+ channels.
- Just Right: The Just Right plan is available at $50/ month. In this, you receive more than 80+ channels.
- Live a Little: $35 /month. 60+ channels will be available.
Similar Post: peacocktv.com/activate
Supported Roku Devices for DirecTV NOW
AT&T’s video streaming service, DirecTV, can be streamed on a wide range of Roku devices. Here’s a list of most compatible Roku devices that DirecTV NOW can be streamed – Roku Ultra, Roku TV™ 4K models, Roku Streaming Stick (model 3600R), Roku Premiere, Roku Premiere+, Roku Express+, Roku Express, Roku 4, Roku 3 and Roku 2 (model 4210).
Brad Bentley, executive vice president and chief marketing officer at AT&T Entertainment Group, said, “Roku is a leader in streaming entertainment and millions of homes in the U.S. have Roku devices. DIRECTV NOW is about bringing customers entertainment their way, so launching on the Roku platform was an important part of our strategy.” Steve Shannon, general manager, content and services, at Roku said, “AT&T’s robust DIRECTV NOW service is an incredible offer for our customers who expect premium streaming entertainment at a great value. Getting consumers to the content they want the most has always been our focus.”
Similar Post: How to Activate USA Network
How to Stream DirecTV on Roku – The Step-by-Step Guide
Are you already an AT&T TV customer? You wouldn’t have to pay extra to stream DirecTV content.
How to Add the AT&T TV App to Roku Channels –
- From the home screen of Roku, navigate to “Streaming Channels”.
- In the search box, type “AT&T TV” (you can also scroll through the channels to add the app).
- Upon finding the channel, select “Buy”.
- This will install the AT&T TV app.
- You may finish the process by entering your Roku PIN.
Let’s take a step-by-step look to stream DirecTV on Roku.
- Start the streaming process by pressing the Home icon on your Roku remote.
- Access the main menu and navigate to “Search”.
- Use the virtual keyboard and type “AT&T TV” in the search box.
- Press the “+Add channel” button. This will add the streaming service from the channel store.
- Now, click on the option “Go to Channel” and provide the DirecTV login details to sign in.
- After signing in using the correct username and password, you are good to play the DIRECTV content on Roku.
Roku, undoubtedly, is one of the top-rated streaming device platforms in the country. It features more than 5,000 streaming channels and over 450,000 movies and TV episodes. Roku, Inc. is recognized for “streaming innovation and high customer engagement”. It leaves no stone unturned in offering video advertisers and content providers the best way to reach streaming audiences. With DIRECTV NOW available on Roku, you can now watch the featured TV shows such as Fear the Walking Dead, NCIS, FBI: Most Wanted, This Is Us, Blue Bloods, The Flash, and Married at First Sight.
When activated on Roku, DirecTV offers more than 20,000 on-demand movies and shows on over 120 live channels – AMC, ABC, Bravo, BBC America, Comedy Central, Fox, Discovery, FX, Fox News Channel, HGTV, Hallmark Channel, NBC, MSNBC, TNT, TBS, and many others.
Similar Post: go.discovery.com/activate