Activate SC TV Channel on Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, and Android TV via sc.tv/activate
Last Modified on : March 5, 2022 by Tony Young | Category(s) : Entertainment
Do you love watching non-fiction, award-winning programming, powerful documentaries focusing on cultural, scientific, historical subjects, and awe-inspiring stories? Check with your TV provider if it offers the Smithsonian Channel. If it does, all you have to do is check this guide to activate the channel at sc.tv/activate or smithsonianchannel.com/activate.
“Smithsonian Channel is where curiosity lives, inspiration strikes, and wonders never cease,” – maintains the official Smithsonian Channel.
You already know what type of content the channel offers.
If you love everything about space, science, history, and culture, I don’t think you should go anywhere else.
And the best part?
You don’t have to subscribe to the channel separately if your cable provider has it already.
Go, check right away!
Also Read: www kanopy com tv
What Is Smithsonian Channel?
The Smithsonian Channel, abbreviated as SC TV, is a popular American pay-TV channel launched in 2006 as a joint venture of “Showtime Networks and the Smithsonian Institution as Smithsonian On Demand.” Paramount Global owns the channel through its media networks division under MTV Entertainment Group.
As more people showered their love for the channel – as of February 2015, over 33 million households were enjoying the fantastic programs – MTV Entertainment Group designed a dedicated Smithsonian Channel app for easy streaming.
Today, you can watch your favorite programs, full episodes, bonus materials, and curated playlists on the go, wherever you want.
People Also Read: Activate Vice TV on Roku and Apple TV via vicetv com activate
Is Smithsonian Channel Free?
So, how much does the Smithsonian Channel cost?
Well, it’s free! Yes, it is totally free if your TV provider has this channel in its kitty.
Let’s say your TV provider doesn’t offer the channel, or maybe, you are a cord-cutter; you can still enjoy programs like American in Color, Aerial America, Africa’s Hunters, and more by subscribing to the channel separately.
Subscribe to the Smithsonian Channel Plus for $5 per month and enjoy uninterrupted streaming.
Or, if you already subscribe to streaming services like Hulu with Live TV, fuboTV, YouTube TV, or PlayStation Vue, you enjoy SC TV for free.
Top Features of SC TV Channel
- Watch original documentaries
- Binge original series
- New shows added weekly
- Inspired by the Smithsonian Institute’s research facilities, museums, publications
- Factual, informative, and trusted content
Things Required to Activate SC TV Channel
Have you got these things ready beforehand?
- A Wi-Fi connection with decent Internet speed.
- An account with the Smithsonian Channel.
- A valid subscription through a TV provider or streaming services.
- A compatible streaming device and a smartphone.
People Also Read: How to Activate Locast App on Any Device via locast.org activate
What Are the Supported Devices for smithsonianchannel.com/activate?
Here’s a complete list of supported devices for the Smithsonian Channel app.
- Roku: Roku Players and TVs
- Amazon: Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, Kindle Fire Tablet
- Apple: Apple TV (4th-generation and later), iPhone, and iPad
- Android: Android TV, Android Phones, and Tablets
Make sure your device is updated to the latest version.
TV Providers for Smithsonian Channel
The best way to unlock all Smithsonian Channel content is through your TV provider.
- YouTube TV
- Frontier Communications
- Altice One
Sign in with one of the TV providers to watch Smithsonian Channel content for free.
Click the “View all providers” button to get the complete list.
How to Create a Smithsonian Channel Profile?
Already have sign-in details with your TV provider?
You can use the credentials to log in and watch Smithsonian Channel content.
If you haven’t signed up with your service provider, refer to the steps below.
- Go to www.smithsonianchannel.com.
- Select a locked program.
- Click the yellow “Sign in with your TV provider” option.
- Choose your TV provider. (If you don’t find your TV provider listed on the screen, click the View all providers button.)
- You will be taken to the log-in page. (Enter Username and Click the LOG IN button.)
- Click the Create Online ID link.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Save the credentials for future use.
How to Activate Smithsonian Channel on TV via sc.tv/activate
All leading TV-connected devices support the Smithsonian Channel. If you own one of these media players, please go through the steps below to start watching amazing programs right on the biggest screen in your house.
How to Activate Smithsonian Channel on Roku?
Check the steps below to activate the Smithsonian Channel on your Roku device.
- Navigate to the Roku home screen by pressing the Home icon on the remote.
- Scroll to access Streaming Channels.
- Select Search Channels and access the Search feature to type Smithsonian Channel.
- Click the Add Channel button and wait for the app to install.
- Return to the home screen to launch the app.
- You will see a unique Activation Code.
- Save the code, and navigate to sc.tv/activate on your mobile device.
- Enter the 7-digit activation code in the required field and click the CONTINUE button.
- You will enter the sign-in credentials and click the SIGN IN button.
Select a program and start watching.
SC TV Activate Fire TV (Firestick)
Amazon Fire TV is another compatible device to watch programs like Damian Lewis, America in Color, Yellowstone, Black in Space, and Amazing Dogs. Here are the easy steps to follow.
- Begin the process by turning on the Fire TV device.
- Ensure it is connected to a high-speed Internet connection.
- Navigate to the Amazon App Store from the Fire TV home screen.
- Click the magnifying glass icon and type Smithsonian Channel.
- Once the app turns up on the screen, click the Get button.
- You will now return to the home screen to launch the Smithsonian Channel.
- You will see an Activation Code and URL (sc.tv/activate).
- On your computer or mobile browser, type the URL.
- Enter the code and click the CONTINUE button.
- Use your Smithsonian Channel credentials.
- You are ready to watch.
SC TV Activate on Apple TV
If you use an Apple TV, refer to the steps below to activate the channel.
- Go to the App Store from the Apple TV home screen.
- Search for the Smithsonian Channel and click the Get button to install the app.
- Open the app to receive a 7-digit activation code.
- Leave the screen visible while you access the activation page – smithsonianchannel.com/activate.
- Follow the on-screen guidelines to enter the Smithsonian Channel Activation Code.
- You will be prompted to enter the sign-in details on the following screen.
Wait for the success message once the activation process is over. You are now ready to watch the Smithsonian Channel.
Readers Also Like: Enter disneyplus com begin TV Code to Activate Disney Plus on TV
Activate SC TV on Android TV
You can watch the Smithsonian Channel content using the sign-in details with your TV provider.
- Go to the Play Store from the home screen of your Android TV.
- Search for the Smithsonian Channel app.
- Click the Install button to get the app.
- Return to the home screen to open the app and save the sc tv activation code.
- Go to sc tv activate and enter the code.
- Enter Username and Password.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
You will see a success message on the screen, meaning the Smithsonian Channel is ready to be streamed.
People Also Read: beachbodyondemand activate on Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast
Watch SC TV Channel on the Go
Don’t want to leave half-way your favorite shows?
No problem! You can log into your SC TV account on the go and resume where you left off. The Smithsonian Channel app can be installed on iPhone, iPad, Android devices, and Kindle Fire Tablet.
- Go to the App Store on iOS device or select the Play Store on Android phones & tablets, or access the Amazon AppStore on your Kindle Fire tablet.
- Tap the magnifying glass icon and type the app’s name.
- Install the app using the on-screen instructions.
- Now, launch the app and provide the required log-in details.
You are good to go!
People Also Read: syfy.com activate/activatenbcu roku – Activate NBC on your Device
Popular Smithsonian Channel Shows
Sign in with your TV provider and watch your favorite SC TV Channel shows on the big screen. Here’s a glance at the popular shows.
- Aerial America
- Ice Airport Alaska
- Hell Below
- 747: The Jumbo Revolution
- CBS News Sunday Morning
- Aerial Africa
- Spy Wars with Damian Lewis
- 100 Missions: Surviving Vietnam
- A. Frock Stars
- Terror in the Skies
- Mummies Alive
- Stories from the Vaults
- The Coronation
- Stonehenge Empire
How to Watch Smithsonian Channel Live without Cable?
Are you a cord-cutter? Pondering over how to watch SC TV content without cable? Lucky you, I guess!
The SC TV channel content can be enjoyed without the sign-in details with a participating TV provider. Streaming services like Hulu with Live TV, FuboTV, and YouTube TV allow you to watch the Smithsonian Channel content for free. Make sure you have a subscription to one of these streaming devices.
People Also Read: How Do I Get Marquee TV on My TV via marquee tv activate
Sc tv activate FAQs
How to get Smithsonian Channel on Roku?
Go to the Roku Channel Store and search for the Smithsonian Channel app. Click the Add channel button to install the app. Open the app to get an activation code. Go to sc.tv/activate on another device. Enter the 7-digit sc.tv activate code and click the CONTINUE button. Provide the sign-in details if asked and start enjoying Smithsonian Channel.
Is Smithsonian Channel free on Firestick?
Yes, you can install the Smithsonian Channel app and watch the content for free on Fire Stick if you have the sign-in details with your TV provider or subscription details with a streaming service. The app installation process remains the same. Go to smithsonianchannel.com/activate to activate the channel.
How do I activate Apple TV?
After installing the Smithsonian Channel app from the App Store, you need to generate a unique code. This activation code should be used quickly to avoid an activation failed error. Visit sc.tv/activate to enter the code and complete the activation process.
How to Watch Smithsonian Channel on TV, phone, and computer?
Unless you want to watch the Smithsonian Channel on your computer and mobile phones, you don’t need an activation code. If you use a laptop or desktop to watch the above Smithsonian shows, go to smithsonianchannel.com, select the locked episode, choose “Sign in with your TV provider,” and provide the sign-in details to stream live TV.
Accessing the channel on your smartphone is easy. You will have to install the latest version of the app and enter the log-in details with your TV provider to watch the Smithsonian content.
If you want to enjoy the shows on the TV-connected device, install the app on your compatible devices, first. Procure a unique activation code and use it on the activation URL (www.sc.tv/activate). If the activation process is successful, you can grab a popcorn bucket, lean back, and enjoy the shows.
What type of programming does the Smithsonian Channel offer?
The Smithsonian Channel has a reputation for featuring original and entertaining series and documentaries covering interesting and exciting spheres, such as science & tech, history & mystery, air & space, nature & wildlife, and pop culture.
It adds editorially curated playlists, short videos, and new full episodes every week.
Why can’t I watch some SC TV shows?
Unlocked programs can be watched without an issue. If you try to access the locked shows and episodes, you must authenticate. The authentication process can be done only with your TV provider’s sign-in details. (Look in the TV provider section above to check whether you subscribe to one of the service providers.)
If you subscribe to Paramount+, you can enjoy the SC TV channel hit shows like Secrets, Air Disasters, Secrets, and more.
How to fix the Smithsonian Channel activation failed error?
Here are the proven ways to fix the error.
- Always use the fastest Internet connection.
- Install the latest version of the app.
- Use a supported device.
- Generate a code and use it timely on the activation URL.
Make sure you use a compatible browser.
Follow these easy steps carefully and activate the Smithsonian Channel via sc.tv/activate.
If you encounter a problem, contact your TV provider.
Also Read: wsmv.com/activate