CTV (or CTV Television Network) provides unparalleled entertainment that you can enjoy through your TV provider. All you have to do is sign in with your cable provider, install the app on your favorite device, and activate CTV via ctv.ca/activate to watch hit shows and movies.
What is CTV Television Network?
CTV is Canada’s most-watched TV channel.
The “Canadian English-language terrestrial television network” is the largest privately-owned TV network in the country.
It was launched in 1961 and later acquired by BCE Inc. in 2000. The channel is now a division of the Bell Media, which is a subsidiary of BCE.
CTV features your favorite programming and ensures you have a whale of a time with your friends and family.
Check out the latest movies and weekly picks or you may select your favorite stars like Keanu Reeves, Will Smith, Scarlett Johansson, Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts, Ryan Reynolds, and Anthony Hopkins to watch their most popular movies.
There’s a section dedicated to the Indian cinema – Bollywood Bonanza. If you have a special love for LGBTQ community, CTV has a section, too.
Hence, the CTV Television Network is arguably Canada’s most-watched channel. If you are super excited to get CTV on your device, you may refer to this ultimate guide to complete the activation process using ctv.ca/activate.
Is CTV Free?
“How much does CTV cost?”
That’s right! You may not have to pay a single dime if your TV provider already has this channel offered in its package.
All you have to do is use the sign-in details to watch hit American series such as The Mentalist, Blue Bloods, The Big Bang Theory, and the Amazing Race.
Prerequisites for ctv.ca/activate
Refer to the following must-have possessions and avoid any unprecedented activation errors.
- A supported TV-connected device.
- A mobile, computer, or tablet to access the activation URL.
- Sign-in details with your cable provider.
- A high-speed, stable Wi-Fi network.
To watch the Canadian English-language terrestrial TV network on your living room device, ensure these prerequisites.
Supported Devices for ctv.ca/activate
Connected TV devices, play stations, smart TVs, tablets, smartphones, desktop, and mobile web support the CTV app.
Which device do you own? Does it support the CTV app?
The following sophisticated devices support the CTV Television Network app.
- Roku (CTV App Not Available. Go for Screen Mirroring)
- Amazon Fire TV (Generation 2+)
- Apple TV HD and 4K, tvOS 14+
- Samsung Smart TV
- Android TV OS 7.0+ on Sony Android TV, nVIDIA Shield & Xiaomi Mi Box devices
- Xbox One
- PC (Windows desktop, smartphones, and tablets)
- Mac (running OS 10.11+)
- Android tablets and smartphones running 7.0+
- iOS devices
If your device isn’t updated, it may show errors while pairing with the app.
Activate CTV Television Network via ctv.ca/activate
Get the CTV app on your favorite device to watch shows, movies, and channels (CTV Life Channel, CTV Throwback, CTV Movies, CTV News, CTV Comedy Channel, CTV Drama, CTV Sci-fi, MTV, Much, E!, Discovery, Animal Planet, ID, and more) anytime, anywhere.
How to Watch CTV on Roku?
Did you, too, look for the CTV app on the Roku Channel Store?
Actually, the official CTV Television Network app is not available on Roku. But, this shouldn’t be a concern for you. Follow my recommended steps below to watch CTV programs as part of the Canada Entertainment channel.
Here’s a guide to install the Canada Entertainment app on Roku and enjoy viewing CTV shows and movies.
- Press the Home button on the Roku remote to access the home screen.
- Scroll and access Streaming Channels (in the left menu).
- Click the Search Channels option in the left menu.
- You will access the Search box.
- Use the on-screen keyboard and type Canada Entertainment.
- The Roku Channel List will appear.
- Select Canada Entertainment and click the Add channel option.
- Return to the home screen and launch the app.
- Click the CTV channel (in the available list of TV channels).
You are ready to watch CTV movies on Roku.
How to Watch CTV on Firestick via ctv ca activate?
Unlike Roku, Amazon Fire TV supports the CTV app, and you can install the app from the Amazon App Store. Check the steps below to activate CTV on Fire TV.
- Navigate to the Amazon AppStore from the home screen.
- Click the magnifying glass icon and search for the CTV app.
- Install the app by clicking the Get button.
- Once the app is installed, launch the app to generate a unique activation code.
- Keep the TV screen visible as you grab another device to access ctv.ca/activate.
- Select your TV provider.
- You will be taken to the sign-in page of your cable provider.
- Use Username and Password to log in.
- Click the Log In button
- Enter the code and click the Activate button.
Your Fire TV is now ready to use.
How to Watch CTV on Apple TV?
Make sure your Apple TV runs on the latest version to play CTV programming.
- Power on your Apple TV.
- Navigate to the App Store.
- Click the magnifying glass icon and type
- Install the app and return to the home screen to launch it.
- You will receive a ctv ca activate Apple TV code.
- Save the code before accessing ctv.ca/activate.
- Select your cable provider and enter the credentials (provided to you by your cable operator).
- Click the Log In option and enter the code in the required field.
- Now, click the Activate button to complete the process.
ctv.ca activate Android TV
Android TV or Google TV will let you watch where you left off.
The following steps will work for Sony Android TV, nVIDIA Shield, and Xiaomi Mi Box devices.
- Go to the Google Play Store from your Android TV’s home screen.
- Enter “CTV” and click the Install button.
- It will take a few seconds to get the app on your Android TV.
- Open the app now to get a unique activation code.
- Jot down it or leave the screen visible while you open your computer or mobile browser to access www ctv ca activate.
- Choose your TV provider and type Username and Password.
- You will be asked to enter the code.
- Now, click “Activate” to finish the process.
Within seconds, your Android TV will be ready to stream.
ctv.ca activate Samsung TV
To watch CTV content on your Samsung Smart TV, you don’t need a streaming media player like Fire TV or Roku. Here’s how to get the app and start enjoying the hit movies.
- Go to Samsung Hub Store and search for the CTV app by Bell Media Inc.
- Install the app and launch it to receive an activation code and the URL.
- Go to ctv.ca/activate and choose your TV provider.
- Enter Username and Password provided by your cable provider.
- After logging in, you need to enter the code and complete the activation process.
Your TV screen will load automatically, meaning you are ready to view your favorite shows.
Activate ctv.ca on Xbox One
The CTV app supports the game consoles. If you use Xbox One, you can activate the channel easily.
- Go to the Xbox Store using the remote and install the CTV
- Open the app to receive the code.
- Save the code or leave the screen visible while navigating to the ctc ca activate site on a compatible web browser.
- You will enter the required credentials and click the Log In button.
- Enter the code and click Activate.
The device is ready to use.
Where do I enter the CTV activation code?
- Go to ctv.ca/activate on a mobile or web browser.
- Choose your TV provider.
- Enter the code and click the Activate button.
How do I activate CTV on my Firestick?
You will have to navigate to the Amazon App Store to install the CTV app. Open the app to jot down the code and take note of the activation URL. Access the URL – ctv.ca/activate – on another device and follow the on-screen prompts to enter the code. Click the Activate button to start watching shows on Fire Stick.
How do I connect my CTV app to my TV?
To connect the CTV app, you must generate a CTV.ca activation code. Note it down and go to the activation URL. Select your TV provider, enter the log-in details, and enter the code. You will be prompted to click the Activate button. The CTV app is now connected to your TV
Is the CTV app free?
You can access CTV Movies, Throwback, and MTV for free and watch thousands of hours of classic TV series, uncut Hollywood hit movies, and other premium lifestyle, entertainment, and short-form comedy series.
To unlock more content, sign in with your TV provider’s credentials.
Can I watch E! Online on CTV?
Yes, you can E! Online programming like Nightly Pop, The Bradshaw Bunch, and Botched.