A public service to the people of America, Locast provides the local broadcast signals of select markets over the Internet. To stream a broadcaster’s signal online for free or to enjoy several broadcast TV stations, you will need to sign up with Locast, use the login credentials, or enter a unique locast org activate code at www.locast.org/activate to complete the process.
America’s only free, nonprofit local broadcast TV digital translator streaming service – as stated on its website – Locast promises to bring local TV channels via Internet-connected devices, phones, tablets, smart TVs, and computers for FREE.
If you use a stable, high-speed Internet connection, you will still be able to enjoy local broadcasts from the best comforts of your home. Only make sure you are not outside of the U.S. to watch your favorite local broadcast station.
Leading streaming devices like Apple TV, Fire TV, Android TV, and Roku support the Locast app. Moreover, you can watch your favorite local channels on your iOS and Android devices.
|Note: The not-for-profit service has been discontinued since 2nd September 2021. Anyone trying to stream Locast will not be able to do that.|
Also Read: www wetv com activate
Is Locast FREE?
Yes, you can use the Locast service for free. The official Locast website maintains, “Locast is a not-for-profit service offering users access to broadcast television stations over the Internet.”
David Goodfriend founded Locast under the banner of the Sports Fans Coalition to help people who could not afford pay-TV due to the rising rates charged by cable and satellite TV providers or unable to watch their free local TV channels over-the-air due to distance from the transmitter.
While Locast tries its best to make it free of charge for you, it also urges people to contribute some amount as per their capabilities. It encourages people to donate as low as $5 per month, $10 pm, and $25 p/m. One can also contribute $60/ year and $100/ year. Moreover, it has a “Locast Cares” program for people who cannot contribute $5 per month.
Since Locast is getting all the supports from its loyal customers, it helps them free your TV.
To use Locast, you should be physically in one of these cities –
- West Palm Beach, FL
- Baltimore, MD
- Atlanta, GA
- Chicago, IL
- Dallas, TX
- Boston, MA
- Detroit, MI
- Houston, TX
- Philadelphia, PA
- Denver, CO
- Sioux City, IA
- Los Angeles, CA
- Minneapolis/St. Paul, MI
- New York, NY
- Miami, FL
- Sioux Falls, SD
- Phoenix, AZ
- Puerto Rico
- Washington, DC
- Rapid City, SD
- San Francisco, CA
- Seattle, WA
- Tampa Bay, FL
Also Read: fxnetwork.com/activate
What is locast org activate code?
When you add the Locast app on your streaming device, the system would encourage you to note down a locast org activate code. You can use this Locast code at locast.org/activate or log into your Locast account using the email address and password.
Upon successful login, your TV will refresh to cast the local TV stations.
Similar Story: peacocktv.com/activate
How to Activate Locast App on Streaming Devices via locast.org/activate
The best way to get the local channels (FOX, ABC, PBS, CBS, and NBC) without a monthly bill is to activate the Locast app on your streaming device, computer, smartphone, or laptop.
Let’s unearth the steps to activate the app on Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, and Android TV via locast.org/activate.
locast org activate Roku
Activating Locast on Roku is another way of signing in.
- Access the Roku Channel Store and type “Locast”.
- Click the “Add channel” button to add the app to your Roku device.
- Launch the downloaded app to generate a unique activation code. (If you are prompted to use credentials to sign in, please do that.)
- You will next need to access the locast.org/activate page on your smartphone or computer. (One can scan the QR code, too.)
- Enter your email address and password to “Login”.
- Enter the activation code displayed on the TV screen.
- It will verify the code. Upon successful verification, you will see a success message on the screen.
- Your TV will automatically refresh to start showing your favorite channels.
That’s how you access the Live TV Guide on your TV-connected device.
You may want to read: curiosity.tv/activate
Locast App Works with Apple TV
The Locast app works great with your Apple TV. If you don’t know how to pair it, check the steps below.
- Turn on your Apple TV and go to the “App Store”.
- You will need to “Get” the Locast app using the virtual keyboard.
- Open the app and use login credentials to generate a unique locast org activate code.
- Save the code while using another device to access the authorized link.
- Enter the credentials – email address and password.
- Click the “Login” button.
- On the next screen, enter the code to confirm activation.
Your Apple TV will now be ready to cast Locast content.
Also Read: start.watchown.tv/activate
Activate Locast on Amazon Fire TV/ Fire TV Stick via locast.org/activate
To enjoy local channels on your Fire TV, you must activate Locast using the locast.org activate code for TV.
- From the home screen, navigate to the “Amazon AppStore”.
- Search for the desired app and click the “Get” button.
- Once the app is installed, launch it.
- Locast Activation Code should appear on the screen.
- Leave the screen visible throughout the activation process and access the locast org activate page on a separate device (using the same Wi-Fi network as your Fire TV).
- Use Locast credentials to “Login”.
- Enter the code and click “Activate”.
You are all set to watch your local channels for FREE.
Locast on Android TV
The following step-by-step guide will help you get Locast on Android TV.
- Navigate to the Android TV home screen.
- Use the remote to navigate to the “Play Store”.
- Type “Locast” and click the “Install” button.
- Open the app and enter the sign-in details to receive a code.
- Save the code and go to org/activate on a separate device.
- Here, enter the email address and password. Click “Login”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions carefully to enter the code.
Once verified, your Android TV will be ready to cast Locast content.
How to Register for Locast Account?
Creating an account with Locast is important if you wish to stream local channels for free.
- Go to the Locast website.
- Click “Register” (on the top menu bar).
- A popup screen will appear, prompting you to enter details – Email Address, Password, and Confirm Password.
- Click the “Register” button.
Locast.org/activate code not working; Troubleshooting Tips
- The locast org activate code will not work if you are trying to access Locast from a different location (check above to see the cities that Locast is accessible).
- Delete the app and reinstall to start the process again.
- Generate the code and use it immediately.
- Check your Internet connection.
- Delete cookies and cache files.
- Upgrade your device to the latest version.
How do I activate Locast?
The simplest method to activate Locast is to create an account and install the app to generate the activation code. You will then have to access the authorized activation page, i.e. locast.org/activate. Enter the login details and “Login”. On the screen, you will be prompted to enter the code. Now, click “Activate” to start watching Locast content.
Is Locast still available?
Unfortunately, NO! The streaming operation has been discontinued since September 2021.
How do I add Locast to Apple TV?
- Go to the “App Store” from the home screen.
- Install the app by clicking the “Get” button.
- Launch the app to receive a code and activation link.
- Head over to the link and enter the email address and password.
- Login and enter the code.
People also read: crave.ca/roku