watch globaltv com activate on Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, Smart TVs
Last Modified on : May 22, 2022 by Tony Young | Category(s) : Entertainment
If you want to be informed and entertained like millions of Canadians by “a range of top-quality news, primetime, and daytime programming,” let me share the secret. Get the Global TV app on your device and activate it using the activation URL – watch.globaltv.com/activate.
For decades, Global TV has been entertaining the people of Canada with an array of outstanding programming, including the police procedural drama “Blue Murder,” the British-Canadian animated comedy “Bob and Margaret,” the long-running finance drama “Traders,” the reality show “My Fabulous Gay Wedding,” the sitcom “The Jane Show,” and the nightly improvised drama “Train 48”.
Want more of it like Big Brother, Big Brother Canada, NCIS, or Survivor? Read how to activate Global TV on various devices like Roku, Fire TV, Apple TV, Android TV, and smart TVs via watch.globaltv.com/activate.
What Is Global TV?
Put it straight, Global TV is the “second most-watched private terrestrial television network” in Canada after CTV.
The channel has been around for five decades (since January 6, 1974), and is more commonly called Global. It is owned by Corus Entertainment and boasts 15 owned-and-operated stations across Canada.
The best thing about the Global TV app is you can watch some of the country’s most-watched channels like Food Network, Slice, History, Global, Adult Swim, Showcase, National Geographic, W Network, HGTV, and more when you log in with your TV provider.
That means you don’t have to install multiple apps to watch the biggest shows of those channels.
That’s not it!
Here are some great features of the Global TV app that you will enjoy.
- Binge your favorite shows from the beginning.
- Full-length episodes.
- Live streams of your favorite TV channels.
- Round-the-clock access to local and national news from – Toronto, BC, Calgary, Edmonton, Peterborough, Lethbridge, Okanagan, Halifax, Montreal, Regina, Winnipeg, Kingston, Saskatoon, and National.
- Add your favorite shows to your homepage for convenient access.
- Apart from streaming devices and smart TVs, you can cast shows like 60 Minutes, Blacklist, Celebrity Big Brother, and Crime Beat on your TV using Chromecast.
What is watch.globaltv.com/activate?
It is the official activation URL to activate Global TV on your favorite screen.
Generate a watch global tv activate code, go to watch.globaltv.com/activate, and use the code.
Remember, the activation process will only be successful if the system verifies the code.
Is Global TV Available for Free?
You can watch the latest episodes of Global TV shows free for seven days.
However, you must sign in using your TV provider’s credentials.
Things to Consider
So, what are the things required to watch Global TV on your big screen?
Refer to the following –
- Sign-in credentials with your cable provider.
- Supported streaming devices.
- Another device to access watch.globaltv.com/activate.
- Both your TV-connected device and mobile should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Get the latest Global TV app.
Global TV Supported Devices
Various devices support the Global TV app.
Do you have one of these?
- Amazon Fire TV
- Apple TV
- Android TV
- Smart TVs
The app is currently available on Android, iOS, web, and Chromecast.
watch global tv activate Cable Providers
Here’s a list of TV providers for Global TV.
- Bell Aliant
- Bruce Telecom
- Cable TV
- City West
- Start CA
- Seaside Communications
- NRTC Communications
Sign up with Global TV through Service Provider
You must possess the sign-in details to access the activation code and then complete the process.
Make sure you subscribe to Global TV through a participating cable provider.
Here’s a rundown of steps to sign up with Global TV.
- Go to watch.globaltv.com.
- Click the SIGN IN option on the top-right corner.
- You will see a list of TV providers to select.
- For instance, I choose “Shaw.”
- A popup screen will appear, prompting you to enter the sign-in details.
- Click the Create your Shaw ID option.
- Select your provider – “Shaw” or “Shaw Direct Satellite TV.”
- Enter your Email Address and Password.
- Click the Create your Shaw ID button.
Your sign-in details are at your disposal.
How to Activate Global TV via watch.globaltv.com/activate?
Watch Global News live & video-on-demand shows for free with your cable subscription.
A meticulous approach will help you complete the activation process with ease.
How to Activate Global TV on Roku?
Make sure your Roku is connected to the best Internet connection in your area.
- Press the Home icon on your Roku remote to access the home screen.
- Access Streaming Channels > Search Channels.
- Select the Search Feature and type “Global TV.”
- Click the Add Channel button.
- After installing the app, click the Go to Channel button to return to the channel list.
- Open the app to get a unique 9-digit global tv.com activate code.
- Access the activation link – watch.globaltv.com/activate/roku – on another device.
- Click the CONTINUE button.
- Enter the sign-in details to complete the process.
Now, select a program to start watching.
How to Activate Global TV on Firestick/ Fire TV?
Amazon Fire TV is another supported device for Global TV.
Refer to the steps below to activate Global TV on Fire TV.
- Navigate to the Amazon AppStore and click the magnifying glass icon.
- Please search for the Global TV app and click the Get button to install it.
- Return to the home screen and open the app.
- Before accessing the activation “watch global tv com activate” URL, write down the code.
- On the watch.globaltv.com/activate/fire page, provide the code, and click “CONTINUE.”
- Enter your TV provider’s credentials (User ID and Password) on the following screen.
The system will verify the details. Upon success, you can watch the shows.
How to Activate Global TV on Apple TV via watch.globaltv.com/activate?
To access more shows, channels, and movies, go to globaltv.com/activate and enter the watch global tv com activate code to activate Global TV on Apple TV.
- To find the Global Go app on your Apple TV, navigate to the App Store.
- Search for Global TV.
- Install the Global TV app by clicking the Get button.
- Head back to the home screen and locate the app.
- Open it to receive a nine-digit activation code.
- Keep the TV screen visible while you carry out the remaining steps on your computer or mobile phone.
- Go to watch.globaltv.com/activate and enter watch globaltv com activate code.
- Press the red CONTINUE button to access the sign-in page of your TV provider.
- Enter the Username and Password and stick to the instructions to complete the activation process.
Once your Global TV account is integrated with Apple TV, you are ready to catch up on many shows, full-length episodes, exclusives, and live streams of the nearest Global TV station.
globaltv com activate on Android TV
Sign in using your participating TV provider credentials and activate Global TV at globaltv.com/activate.
- Go to the Google Play Store from your Android TV home screen.
- Access the search bar and type Global TV.
- Click the Install button to add the channel to your streaming device.
- Launch the app and jot down the 9-digit activation code.
- It is time to access globaltv.com.activate to enter the code.
- Click the CONTINUE button.
- A new screen will appear, prompting you to enter your TV provider credentials.
- Type the Username and Password correctly to complete the process.
You are ready to enjoy shows like Big Brother Canada and others.
Activate Global TV on Smart TVs
Global TV is available on Samsung Tizen Smart TVs.
If you own a Tizen model from 2018 – 2021, get the Global TV app to enjoy video-on-demand and live streams from Nat Geo, Showcase, HGTV, Network Canada, Slice, W Network, Global News, Food Network, Adult Swim, and Global.
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and look for the Global TV app in the Samsung App Store.
- Install the app and launch it to generate a unique activation code.
- You will also get the activation URL on the screen.
- Access the URL on another device using the same Wi-Fi network.
- On the watch.globaltv/activate page, enter the code.
- Click the CONTINUE button
- Provide your TV provider log-in credentials to activate Global TV on your Samsung Smart TV.
Watch Global TV on iPhone (iOS Devices)
Enjoy full shows and live streams when you sign in with your TV provider on your iPhone or iPad.
- Go to the App Store on your device.
- Search for the Global TV app.
- Tap the Get button to install the app.
- Log in with your TV service provider credentials.
You are ready to watch behind-the-scenes extras and full-length episodes anytime, anywhere.
Watch Global TV on Android Devices
To access your favorite Global TV shows on your Android smart device, here’s what to do.
- Go to the Google Play Store on your device.
- Search for the Global TV app.
- Tap the Install option.
- Open the app and enter the sign-in credentials.
You can enjoy Global TV on the go.
How to Watch Global TV without Cable?
There are three ways that cord-cutters in Canada can watch Global TV without cable.
- StackTV (via Amazon Prime Video): One of the best ways to watch your favorite Global TV shows and Live TV from anywhere in Canada is through StackTV. However, you must have an account with Amazon Prime Video to stream, Global TV content through StackTV. You need to sign up for CDN $12.99 per month and enjoy a 30-day free trial period. Apart from GlobalTV, StackTV will enable you to watch National Geographic, Treehouse, W Network, Slice, Adult Swim, History Channel, Y TV, Food Network Canada, HGTV Canada, Showcase, and Teletoon. Talking about the supported devices, you can get StackTV on your Amazon Fire TV, Google Chromecast, Samsung Smart TVs, and some Blue-Ray devices.
- RiverTV: While Global TV comes included in the standard subscription package (CDN $16.99) of RiverTV, you may have to opt for add-on options if you like to add any other specific channels. Choose the standard package and enjoy a 30-day free trial. Add RiverTV on your Roku, Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV, and smartphones via rivertv.com/activate.
- The Global TV App: Are you happy with limited content? If yes, you need to install the Global TV app on your device.
How to Fix Activation Failed Errors?
Here are a few recommended troubleshooting tips to fix Global TV activation failed errors.
- Fix your Internet connection (if required).
- Ensure your TV provider sign-in details are correct.
- Use the activation code without delay.
- Access the right activation URL (watch globaltv com activate).
- Update your device if required.
- Delete the app and reinstall it to fix temporary issues.
- Restart the device.
When nothing works for you, contact your TV provider for a quick hand.
How to watch Global TV for free?
7 days free.
Is Global TV free on Roku?
Yes, you can get the Global TV app on Roku for free.
To watch your favorite Global TV programs, provide the sign-in details with your TV provider.
How do I activate Global TV on Roku?
Go to the Channel Store and search for Global TV. Click the Add Channel button to install the app. Now, you need to launch it to get a unique activation code. Head to watch globaltv com activate to enter the code. Finally, use the sign-in details to start streaming Global TV.
Is Global TV free on Firestick?
Yes, you can get the Global TV free on your Firestick device.
You will, however, require your TV provider’s sign-in details to watch full episodes and shows.
How do I watch Global TV on my Smart TV?
If you own a compatible smart TV (for instance, Samsung Tizen Smart TVs from 2018 – 2021), you can install the Global TV app using the remote. Then, go to watch globaltv com activate to activate it by entering the code.
Do I have to pay for the Global TV app?
Downloading the Global TV app is free. To watch its programs, you must subscribe to Global TV through a participating TV provider.
How are you feeling now?
I hope you are ready to enjoy Canada’s best channels by getting this only app – Global TV.
Stick to the instructions mentioned above to get the app free on your preferred device and watch your favorite shows on your favorite screen by using your TV provider sign-in credentials.