Activate Bank of America Credit Card at bankofamerica.com/activate
Last Modified on : June 22, 2022 by Tony Young | Category(s) : Card Activation
A credit card is an important possession in times of unexpected, unforeseen events that may require a large sum of money. If you don’t have a credit card yet, why not apply for it?
Bank of America is one of the biggest issuers of cards in the United States. In this guide, I will talk about how to apply for a Bank of America card and how to activate it online – bankofamerica.com/activate.
About Bank of America Credit Cards
In terms of purchase volume as of 2021, Bank of America ranks as the 5th-largest credit card issuer in the U.S.
It has approximately 4,200 branches across the country and offers all types of cards serving various purposes and needs. Bank of America issues credit cards for cash back rewards, balance transfers, travel, business, and student. Depending on your needs, you can choose an ideal card to meet your requirements.
Bank of America offers six (6) types of credit cards. They are –
- Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards (No Annual Fee)
- Bank of America Unlimited Cash Rewards (No Annual Fee)
- BankAmericard (No Annual Fee)
- Bank of America Travel Rewards (No Annual Fee & No Foreign Transaction Fees)
- Bank of America Premium Rewards ($95 Annual Fee)
- Bank of America Premium Rewards ($550 Annual Fee)
How to Apply for a BankofAmerica Credit Card?
Each Bank of America credit card has its special features and benefits. Some cards don’t charge an annual fee, whereas others charge a nominal fee. Moreover, you can earn cash rewards that don’t expire.
Go to the credit card page and compare different cards. Once settled, you can select a card and apply for the same.
Here’s a step-by-step process to apply for a Bank of America credit card.
- Select a Bank of America credit card and click the Apply Now button.
- It will take you to another page where you need to provide the following details –
- Your first name
- Middle name (optional)
- Last name
- Suffix (optional)
- Residential address line 1
- Residential address line 2 (optional)
- ZIP Code
- Primary phone number
- Email address
- After entering the correct details, click the Save and continue option.
The system will prompt you to complete the next step.
If you want to save the details and come back later, click the Save and exit application option.
Keep These Handy
Your job is not over until the Bank of America card is ready to use.
To ensure it is ready, you must activate it by entering the required details on this bankofamerica.com/activate page.
However, you are required to possess these details at your disposal.
- A stable internet connection (for online method).
- Sign-in details with your Bank of America Online Banking.
- Your credit card details, including the card number, expiry date, etc.
- A mobile phone (bankofamerica activate by phone).
How to Enroll in Online Banking?
In the above section, I mentioned that you would require the sign-in details with your Online Banking. So, it is better if you can enroll in online banking before you begin the activation process. Check the steps below for easy understanding.
- Go to the Enroll in Online & Mobile Banking
- Enter the last 6 digits of your Account Number or Card.
- Type your SSN (Social Security Number) or TIN (Tax ID Number).
- Click the Continue button after entering the required details.
- On this page, Bank of America will verify your email by sending you an authentication code.
- So, enter your Email and Confirm Email and click the Send code button.
- You will receive a code in your email.
- Enter the code and click the Submit button.
- Review and acknowledge the Electronic Disclosure before clicking the Continue button.
- Next, review and acknowledge the Online Banking Service Agreement before clicking the Continue option.
- You are on the Create your Online ID and Passcode
- Enter your Online ID, Passcode, and Confirm Passcode.
- Click the Continue button.
- Select the right option whether or not you want Bank of America to remember the device and click
- There you are! You are enrolled in Online and Mobile Banking.
Save the details to complete the activation process in a hassle-free manner.
bankofamerica activate – Online, by Phone, and via Mobile App
There are three (3) ways to activate your Bank of America credit card.
I will discuss each method step-by-step.
How to Activate Bank of America Card at bankofamerica/activate
The simplest and easiest method to activate your BoA credit card is online. You only need a stable internet connection. Also, the card details are a mandatory possession along with Online Banking ID and Passcode.
- Go to bankofamerica.com/activate.
- Scroll down and select Sign in to Online Banking.
Note: Select Enroll in Online Banking if you don’t have the sign-in details with you.
- Enter the User ID and Password.
- Click the Log In button.
- Look for the “card activate” option and click it.
- Enter the card details like the card number, expiry date, etc.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to activate your card.
Your Bank of America credit card is activated and ready for purchases.