Zoom on Roku – How to Cast Zoom Meetings on Your Roku TV?
Last Modified on : June 6, 2022 by Tony Young | Category(s) : Roku
Zoom Cloud Meetings on Roku (Image Credit: TechOwns)
I would be lying if I deny having used the services of Zoom during the pandemic. And I believe I’m not the only one who benefitted from Zoom Cloud Meeting. Business meetings, online interviews, video conferences, and online classes – everything was so easy with the Zoom Cloud Meetings app.
The best part?
You can cast your Zoom meetings on your TV with a Roku device.
Getting the app on your Roku may seem a tough task considering the Zoom Cloud Meetings app isn’t available on the Roku Channel Store. To help you cast your meetings on your TV, let me guide you through this blog post on how to use Zoom on Roku.
Similar Post: YouTube Kids on Roku
About Zoom Cloud Meetings (The Ultimate Video Communication App)
Headquartered in San Jose, California, Zoom Cloud Meetings is a web-based video conferencing tool that helps keep everyone connected in one place. It is used for distance education, teleconferencing, social relations, and telecommuting.
Zoom is a great tool to stay connected with your team regardless of their physical positions. Apart from video telephony, Zoom offers online chat services through a cloud-based peer-to-peer software platform.
Is Zoom Available on Roku?
A popular cross-platform messaging app, Zoom allows you to share files, texts, images, and videos with others. If you have a Roku streaming device at home and wish to access Zoom, you cannot download the app and use it directly as the official app isn’t available on the Roku Channel Store. What you can do is that you need to enable the screen mirroring feature on your Roku device to access Zoom Cloud Meetings.
When enabled, you can mirror the screen through your Android or Windows. You can use your secondary device as a remote to control the functions.
Make Sure You Have
The following prerequisites will ensure using Zoom on Roku is a smooth process.
- A compatible Roku device running the latest version.
- An Android, iPhone, or Windows device.
- Sign-in details with your Zoom account.
- A high-speed, reliable internet connection.
- The latest version of the Zoom Cloud Meetings app.
How to Create a Zoom Account?
Don’t have a Zoom account?
Check the steps below to sign up with Zoom for free.
- Launch your computer browser and navigate to the official Zoom website.
- Click the SIGN UP, IT’S FREE tab.
- Enter your DOB and click the Continue button.
- On this page, you will enter your Email Address. (You can use your Google, Apple, Facebook, or SSO account to sign-up with Zoom.)
- Click the Sign Up button and verify your Email ID.
- To verify, access your email Inbox and click the Activate Account option.
- You will arrive on the Welcome to Zoom page.
- Provide your First Name, Last Name, Password, and Confirm Password.
- Click the Continue button.
- Access the Invite Colleagues page to add people by using their email IDs.
- You are on the Test Meeting You can select Start Meeting Now to strike a meeting.
How to Enable Screen Mirroring on Roku?
Screen mirroring is an important feature of Roku that lets you cast videos and movies on your TV without a hassle. When enabled, it wouldn’t matter whether your preferred app or channel is available on the Roku Channel Store.
Here’s a quick guide to learning how to enable the screen mirror feature on your Roku.
- Turn on your Roku device and ensure it is plugged into the HDMI port on the TV.
- Navigate to the Roku home screen and ensure you are logged in using the credentials.
- Navigate to “Settings”. From there, look for the “System” option.
- Select “Screen Mirroring” and then, “Screen mirroring mode”.
- Next, you will need to choose the “Prompt” option. (When you choose “Prompt”, a prompt on your TV screen will appear when a device tries to cast to your TV. You need to confirm. Note: If you choose “Always allow” or “Never allow”, the prompts will be handled automatically.)
Now that the screen mirroring feature is enabled, instant screen sharing is possible.
Zoom on Roku through Android, iPhone, and Windows
Although you can’t get Zoom on Roku directly, devices like Android, iPhone, or Windows help you screen mirror the Zoom content like video conferences, conduct online interviews, and business meetings on your streaming device.
Similar Post: Super Bowl on Roku
How to Screen Mirror Zoom on Roku through Android Phone?
The following steps will come in handy if you want to screen mirror Zoom Cloud Meetings on Roku.
- On your Android device, go to the “Play Store” to download the “Zoom Cloud Meetings” app.
- Drag down the Notification Panel and select the Cast icon.
- Next, you will see the “Cast” option. Select it.
- From the search result, select “Roku device”.
- Launch the app and sign in with account credentials.
- Select New Meeting.
- Next, invite your colleagues or members to the meeting.
Your Android device is ready to cast a screen. You are now ready to attend meetings and make video conferences on Roku through Zoom.
AirPlay Zoom Meetings on Roku through iPhone
What “cast” for Android, “AirPlay” for iPhone.
And the amazing thing is the latest Roku devices come equipped with the AirPlay support, which comes in handy screen mirroring Zoom on Roku TV.
- Turn on your Roku and go to Settings.
- Select AirPlay and HomeKit.
- Click the AirPlay and HomeKit Settings option.
- Use the remote to turn on AirPlay.
- You can set Require Code as First Time Only.
- Now, turn to your iPhone and ensure it is connected to the same internet connection as your Roku.
- Go to the App Store on your iPhone and install Zoom Cloud Meetings.
- Launch the app and enter the login details.
- Navigate your way to Control Center or Notification Panel > Screen Mirroring.
- Select Roku from the list of devices.
- You are ready to cast the screen on Roku.
- So, open the Zoom app and enter the sign-in details.
Within no time, you will be able to mirror the screen from your iOS device to your Roku TV screen.
How to Screen Mirror Zoom on Roku through Windows?
You must enable the screen mirroring feature on the Roku device. Once it is done, stick to the below-mentioned steps. Make sure both your Roku and computer have the same Internet connection.
- On your computer, launch your favorite web browser.
- Access the zoom.us webpage and click on the “Sign in” button.
- Click on “Customize and control Google Chrome” (three dots).
- Click on “Cast”.
- Next, you need to select “Source drop-down box”.
- Select the option “Cast tab” and click on the Roku device.
- The Windows screen will appear.
- You are good to go with the screen casting of Zoom Cloud Meetings on Roku through the Windows screen.
Can you get Zoom on Roku?
You cannot get Zoom on Roku directly because the app is not available on the Channel Store. To get Zoom, you have to adopt the screen mirroring method. For that, you must use your Android or iOS device.
How to use Zoom on Roku?
Use a smartphone to cast the screen and enjoy meetings on the big screen.
At present, it is the only and the best way to use Zoom on Roku. Now that you know the steps to use the app on your streaming device, you can make the most of it by sharing your screen, an HD video call, and more.
Similar Post: DirecTV on Roku