Step-by-Step Guide on How to Watch YouTube Kids on Roku 2022
Last Modified on : March 7, 2022 by Tony Young | Category(s) : Kids
If you are in quest of ways to keep the young children engaged, why not bring them something that they could learn from? I would preferably recommend activating YouTube Kids on Roku.
Related Post: usanetwork/activatenbcu
What Is YouTube Kids?
Will I be wrong if I say that you are looking for various ways to keep your kids busy so that you can concentrate on your work?
I guess not!
I have several corporate friends (mostly, young parents) who always complain about their kids disturbing them incessantly (particularly, in this pandemic). One platform to keep your young ones busy and entertained at the same time is YouTube.
We all know how potential YouTube is. A subsidiary of Google, YouTube is the ultimate entertainment hub for some people. Others use the platform to learn things.
And, for kids?
Well, this is one of the best platforms available today to learn new things and stay entertained & educated.
YouTube Kids is designed for kids. This version of YouTube features ad-supported and curated content (TV shows, educational videos, music, animation, cartoon, art & craft, and user-created content). YouTube Kids offers knowledge-based and fun-filled content.
Above all, YouTube Kids is a safe place for your little champ.
Today, kids are super-intelligent. They love technology. So, YouTube Kids can be a great platform to let them explore whatever they want.
And if you have a Roku device, you can certainly get YouTube Kids on Roku.
In this post, you will learn the easiest ways to watch the YouTube Kids channel on your TV-connected device.
How to Watch YouTube Kids on Roku?
Why should adults have all the fun?
Your little ones can, too, engross themselves in knowledge-based and fun-filled content.
To have a better viewing experience, Roku seems to be the most amazing platform. However, you cannot directly download and add the YouTube Kids app on Roku.
The channel is not available on the streaming device. But, there are ways to do it. One of the trusted methods to watch YouTube Kids on Roku is via screen mirroring or casting. For that, you need to have a smartphone and a high-speed Internet connection.
People Also Read: How to Activate Universal Kids Channel on TV
Watch YouTube Kids on Roku through iPhone (Screen Mirroring)
iPhone users will find it easier to watch YouTube Kids content as Roku has updated with Apple AirPlay and HomeKit.
This allows you to watch YouTube Kids on TV in a hassle-free way.
On Roku –
- Start the process by turning on Roku. (Make sure it has high-speed Internet access)
- Navigate to the home screen and from there, click “Settings”.
- Select “Apple AirPlay and HomeKit” and turn on the AirPlay.
- Then, in “Require Code”, tap “First Time Only”.
On iPhone –
- Access your iPhone and make sure it is connected to the same Wi-Fi network that your Roku device is connected to.
- You will have to install the concerned app from the App Store.
- Navigate to “Screen Mirroring” (by swiping down the Control Center).
- Here, you will come across the available devices. If you see your Roku TV listed, select it.
- This will generate a unique code on the TV screen. Note down the code and enter the same on your phone to connect it.
- Tap on the YouTube Kids app to open it and start watching the best kids’ shows on your Roku player.
Easy steps, right?
Screen Mirroring through Android Smartphone
If you have an Android phone and both your smartphone and Roku are connected to the same home Wi-Fi network, I urge you to check the following screen mirroring steps to watch the amazing YouTube Kids content.
- Unlock your Android device and get the YouTube Kids app from the Google Play Store.
- Create an account if you don’t have one. Log into your YouTube Kids account and navigate to the “Notification” tab.
- If you see the “Screen Cast” option, click on that.
- You will now have to select “Enable Wireless Display”.
- Here, select the Roku TV and connect to it.
- Your Roku TV is now ready to cast the YouTube Kids videos.
Aren’t these super-easy tricks to keep your little ones busy while you gear up to submit your presentation without messing with the deadline?
The best part is (apart from enjoying the educational content) that YouTube Kids has effective Parental controls for blocking certain channels, turning off the search, limiting daily usage, and more.
You may also like to track history. Or, simply create multiple profiles for providing selected videos for each kid.
Similar Post: showtimeanytime.com/activate