Activate kanopy com tv on Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV, Android TV, Smart TV
Last Modified on : March 29, 2022 by Tony Young | Category(s) : Entertainment
Streaming services like Netflix, Prime, and Hulu have everything for ardent movies lovers. But these services charge a monthly subscription fee. What if I tell you that you can watch your favorite movies for free – is it too good to believe? I’m talking about Kanopy. The video streaming service lets you watch thoughtful movies that “inspire, enrich, and entertain”. For that, you must activate the Kanopy app by entering an activation code at kanopy.com/tv.
To get a proper understanding of it, read through this guide.
Activation Guide: smithsonianchannel.com/activate
What Is Kanopy TV?
Kanopy TV or simply Kanopy is an on-demand streaming video platform that allows university students & faculty, and public library patrons to watch movies and documentaries free of cost with their library card or university log-in details.
This indicates that if you are a member of a participating library or have the student or professor login credentials, you get to watch unlimited Kanopy content right on the TV.
Kanopy offers thousands of thought-provoking titles that include educational videos, independent films, classic cinema, foreign films, movies, and documentaries.
There’s a section for kids, and it is called Kanopy Kids. Let your little ones immerse in engaging and educational videos that inspire creativity in young minds and promote positive social and emotional development.
Is Kanopy Free?
You can enjoy Kanopy content for free if you sign up with your student or professor credentials or boast a public library card.
To name some of the participating public libraries – Byers Branch Library, Denver Public Library, Woodbury Branch Library, Ross-Cherry Creek Branch Library, etc. You can also find your public library by checking this link.
If you wonder how Kanopy is free for you, the university or public library covers all associated costs. So, you don’t have to pay an additional fee to watch Kanopy content with no ads.
Prerequisites for kanopy com tv
How do you know if you are eligible to watch Kanopy?
Take note of the following points –
- An internet connection is a must.
- A library card if you are a public library patron.
- Log-in details of your university (for students and professors).
- A supported device (streaming devices, smartphones, tablets, laptops, etc.).
- You must have a Kanopy account.
These are the prerequisites you must possess to stream Kanopy movies and documentaries.
www kanopy com tv – Supported Devices
Kanopy can be streamed on your TV, phone, tablet, and laptop.
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
- Samsung Smart TV
Watch Kanopy on the Go:
- Fire Tablet
Desktop & Laptop:
- Kanopy can be streamed to your computer or laptop.
How Do I Sign up for Kanopy?
Signing in to Kanopy is doesn’t seem to be an arduous affair. You can choose your Google/ Facebook account or enter the login credentials (email address or username and password). So, it depends how you have signed up with Kanopy.
Here’s a step-by-step guide if you haven’t signed up with Kanopy yet.
- Click here to access the signup page. (Or, you can go to kanopy.com and click the LOG IN option on the top right corner of the screen. Click the “Don’t have an account? Get Started” link to access the signup page.)
- From here, it is a 4-step process.
- Step 1: Select Find Your Library or Find Your University (depending on your details).
- If you have a library card, choose the option FIND YOUR LIBRARY. (Or, FIND YOUR UNIVERSITY)
- Step 2: Type your library name in the given box or you can select it from the drop-down menu. (Similarly, you can enter your university name if you have chosen the other option.)
- Step 3: Enter your Library Card Number and Library Card PIN/ Password.
- Click the CONTINUE button.
- Step 4: Follow the on-screen instructions, and you will come up with an account.
You can also log in with your Facebook or Google account. If you choose Kanopy email address and password, ensure the Password is at least 6 characters.
A verification email will be sent to your inbox. Verify the link by clicking it.
Keep the sign-in credentials safe for future use.
Online Library Card Application Process
While you can apply for a library card online, an in-person visit is a must to receive your library card.
Below are the steps to apply for Online Library Card –
- Go to the Online Library Card Application page.
- Enter First Name, Last Name, Residential Address, City, State, ZIP Code, Date of Birth, and other required details.
- Click the “I agree” checkbox.
- Press the Submit button to complete the card application process.
With a library card, you can access all the materials and information sources without restriction. If you are a parent, let your kid understand how to use the Library.
How to Watch Kanopy?
Kanopy lets you stream your favorite movies with your public library card or university login.
On your supported device, you will continue to enjoy critically-acclaimed movies, award-winning foreign films, inspiring documentaries, and more.
To watch Kanopy, you will need to get the app on your preferred device. Open the app to receive a 4-digit activation code on the screen. Enter the code at kanopy.com/tv to activate your device. You are ready to watch Kanopy.
How Do I Activate Kanopy on Your TV via kanopy com tv?
Below are the steps to activate Kanopy on your TV-connected devices.
Activate Kanopy on Roku via kanopy.com/tv
Before installing the Kanopy app on your Roku device, ensure it is updated to the latest version (7.7.0 or higher).
- Navigate to the Streaming Channels option from the Roku home screen.
- You will select the Search Channels option.
- Search for “Kanopy” and select the app on the screen.
- Click the Add Channel button.
- Now, the Kanopy app should appear on the home screen of your Roku device.
- Open the app and select “Get Started” if you are a new user.
- You will receive a unique activation code on the screen.
- Go to kanopy.com/tv on your mobile device or computer.
- Type the 4-digit code in the required field and press the Next button
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create an account with Kanopy.
Once you have created an account, your Roku TV screen will refresh automatically, and it will further log you into the app to start watching.
If you are a returning user, you can open the Kanopy app on your Roku device.
- Select the Log In option and enter the details to log into your account.
- Now, go to kanopy.com/link on your mobile or computer.
- Enter the details to log in.
- Type the code on the TV screen to link your account.
- This will refresh the Roku TV screen.
You are ready to watch your favorite movies and documentaries.
Kanopy Enter Code to Activate on Apple TV via kanopy com tv
Check whether your Apple TV is compatible with Kanopy. The Kanopy app is available on Apple TV (4th generation) and Apple TV 4K.
- Go to the App Store from the Apple TV home screen and install the Kanopy app.
- Launch the app and select the “Get Started” option if you don’t have an account.
- Access the kanopy com tv activate link on another device on the same Wi-Fi.
- Enter the code displayed on your TV screen.
- Click the Next button and follow the steps to sign up with an account.
- After creating an account, you will see the Apple TV screen refreshing automatically.
- Log into the Kanopy app and start enjoying the program.
Select “Log In” if you are an existing user; follow the on-screen guidelines to activate Kanopy on your device.
Activate Kanopy on Fire TV via kanopy com tv activate
Your Amazon Fire TV device should be running at least Fire OS 5.1 to download the Kanopy app and enjoy your favorite movies.
Here’s a step-by-step guide.
- Navigate from the Fire TV home screen to the Amazon App Store.
- Install the Kanopy app and go to
- You will select Link My Account.
- Go to the Link Your Device section (or go to kanopy.com/link).
- Enter the activation code displayed on the TV screen.
- If the TV screen refreshes automatically, the linking should be successful.
- Click the Start Watching option to enjoy Kanopy content.
Kanopy TV Activate on Android TV
You can install the Kanopy app and sync your account via www kanopy com tv.
- Go to the Android TV home screen and navigate to the Play Store.
- Install the app and sign in to your Kanopy account.
- Go to Settings > Link My Account.
- You need to access kanopy.com/link to enter the sign-in details. Or, you can select Link Your Device on the app and enter the code at kanopy.com/tv.
- Upon successful account linking, click the Start Watching button to enjoy any films.
If you run into an activation error, ensure your device is running Android 4.5.
How to Watch Kanopy Programs on Samsung TV?
Yes, Samsung Smart TV is a fantastic platform to stream thousands of films for free. However, you must have an account with Kanopy, which needs to be linked with your Samsung TV.
Before you get started, check whether your TV is compatible to install the Kanopy app. If you possess a 2015-2016 TV, it should be running webkit r152340. People using TVs from 2017-present must ensure their TVs need to be running chromium M47 (Chrome 47).
So, everything is ready now. You need to get started with the below steps.
- On your Samsung Smart TV, navigate to the Samsung App Store.
- Search for the Kanopy app and install it.
- Return to the home screen and go to Settings.
- Click the Link My Account option to get an activation code.
- Go to com/link to link your device by entering the sign-in details.
- You need to enter kanopy com tv code displayed on the screen.
- If your account is successfully linked, you will see it on the screen.
- It will update or load automatically, allowing you to “Start Watching.”
Watch Kanopy on Chromecast
Your Chromecast device should be switched on and signed in. Now, take a look at the quick steps to watch Kanopy on Chromecast.
- Launch Chrome on your mobile or computer.
- Access kanopy.com and select a program.
- Click the Play icon to get an array of video player options.
- You will see the Cast icon on the screen.
- Select it and choose your Chromecast device to cast the screen on your big screen. (Make sure it is turned on and connected to Chromecast.)
- Your preferred program will automatically start playing on your TV.
Stick to these ultimate steps to complete the activation process forever.
How to watch Kanopy without a library card?
Keep in mind that Kanopy is only available through libraries. If you want to watch Kanopy without a library card, that won’t happen. You must become a member of a participating library.
How can I watch Kanopy for free?
You can’t stream Kanopy on Roku, Apple TV, Android, and Fire TV for free unless you are a member of a participating library.
How do I activate Kanopy?
First of all, you must be a member of a participating library. Now, install the Kanopy app for free. Launch the app to receive a code. Next, provide the login details provided by your library and enter the code at kanopy.com/tv.
Where should you enter the Kanopy linking code?
Go to www.kanopy.com/link to carry out the process.
The bottom line is that you need to be a member of a participating public library. The library will give you the access to your favorite movies and shows.
Use a high-speed Internet connection to install and activate Kanopy on Roku, Fire TV, and other devices via kanopy.com/tv.