Passwords are something that people tend to forget one time or the other. Especially if you are trying to connect to your internet network on Windows 10 and forget your Wi-Fi password, you can really be in a fix. So, how to find wifi password on Windows 10?
Let me walk you through the below steps to find the wifi password on windows 10.
Also Read: How to get Hopper 3 for free
How to Find WiFi Password on Windows 10 (4 Practical Tips)
Given below are the various ways to find your Wi-Fi password on windows 10:
Via Settings –
Users can easily check the wifi settings with the help of Settings and know how to find wifi password on windows 10. The following are the steps to locate the password:
- Select Settings after clicking the Windows
- Now, select Network & Internet from the drop-down menu.
- Change the adapter options by selecting it.
- Click Status from the context menu by right-clicking on the network.
- When a dialogue box appears, select Wireless Properties.
- Finally, select Show Characters to display the Password.
Via Network Settings –
It is easy for you to find Wi-Fi password on windows 10 with the help of network settings.
- Right-click on the WiFi option on the corner of the taskbar.
- Select Open Network & Internet Settings.
- You need to click Change Adapter Settings from the WiFi menu.
- After that, right-click on the network and pick Status from the menu.
- Now, a dialog box will appear.
- Select Wireless Properties > Show Characters to display the Password.
Via Powershell –
The users can use the command line to access different features with the help of command and understand how to find wifi password on windows 10. To do so, follow the procedures below:
- Start simply by right-clicking on the Windows button and choosing Windows Powershell from the menu that appears.
- Now, a blue screen will open, type ‘netsh wlan show profiles’ and press Enter and then a list of saved profiles will appear on the screen.
- Finally, the term visible in front of key content is your wifi password.
Reset method –
If you cannot find the wifi password on windows 10, consider resetting it by holding the power button for 1-2 minutes. You should try to log in to your wifi and enter the default password given at the back of the router which is about eight characters.
The simple methods to figure out “how to find wifi password on Windows 10” are discussed above. But please keep in mind to always try to create the passwords so that they are easy to recall.
Ensure you create passwords by combining uppercase letters, lowercase letters, and special symbols to make them difficult for somebody else to decipher. In case, you have forgotten your password, please go ahead and try to find it with the help of the above mentioned ways.
Also Read: Cox Panoramic WiFi Setup
How to Find WiFi Password on Windows 10 (FAQs)
How to find wifi password on windows 10 without an administrator?
Following are the steps to find out the password:
- Open Settings and select Network & Internet.
- A popup window will appear.
- Select Change adapter options from the menu.
- Click Network from the drop-down menu and select Status.
- Go to Wireless Properties.
- A dialogue box will pop up; select Security and click Show characters.
What is the app that shows a connected wifi password?
WiFi Password Show is a free program that displays all of the passwords for every wifi network you’ve ever connected to. If you want to use it, you must have admin rights on your phone. Keep in mind that this program is not intended for hacking WiFi networks or anything similar.
How can the wifi password for the iPhone be found?
Start by going to the wireless settings page, click on the option “Wireless Security.” There will be an entry in this page Security key that is the password for your WiFi network. And when you click on this, your wifi password will be seen.
How to find the wifi password in Google Chrome?
First, select your network box in the left panel. Your network box can be seen with your wifi name with the router icon next to it. Now, click to the right of the WiFi password, select Show to display your password.
How to transfer a WiFi password from one phone to another?
Follow the steps below to transfer your wifi password:
- Ensure that your phone is connected to the WiFi network that you want to share and go to Settings- network and internet or maybe connections (different names depending on the device) and then WiFi.
- Next to the wifi network, click.
- When you click the Share icon on the right, a QR code will appear on the screen.
So, you now know how to find wifi password on Windows 10?
Getting your hands on the Wi-Fi password isn’t a worrying thing at all if you know the tricks. Check the methods carefully and carry out the process to get back your wifi password.