How to Increase Mobile Hotspot Speed on Android (Easy Tips & Tricks)
Last Modified on : February 14, 2022 by Tony Young | Category(s) : Tech
If your home network isn’t working fine, why not use your mobile hotspot? If you wonder the hotspot speed isn’t great either, let me walk you through this guide that explains how to increase mobile hotspot speed on android.
Envisage this – “you are in the middle of some important work, and suddenly, you experience some serious Internet issues. As a result, you can’t submit your work to your boss on time.” This is something serious and you can’t take things for granted. Your Internet connection should be working just fine to accomplish various tasks. Well, I think I have a solution for you. Read through this guide to learn how to increase the hotspot speed on your smartphone.
Complete Guide on How to Increase Mobile Hotspot Speed on Android
There are some simple ways to increase mobile hotspot speed on android. But first, let’s discuss why to use a mobile hotspot.
Why to Use a Mobile Hotspot?
- When you do not feel safe while working on confidential emails, business documents, or secure PDFs using an unsecured open wifi hotspot, your mobile hotspot becomes your secure internet connection.
- You can easily set up a remote, makeshift office and connect other devices as well.
- Also, save the roaming fees and a dedicated internet service charge and instead use a mobile hotspot which is much more reasonable.
- If you are using it for work, you can charge your company as a business expense.
- It is beneficial when you need to keep working even when there are internet connectivity issues.
Why your Hotspot Is Slow?
Before discussing how to increase mobile hotspot speed on android, let’s find out why the hotspot is slow.
- A slow hotspot speed can result from varied reasons such as connectivity issues that are poor reception, and you may have surpassed your data plans.
- An issue with your hotspot’s settings is the most likely cause.
- The broadcast option on your mobile phone impacts on your connection and speed.
- 4 GHz and 5GHz are mainly the two broadcast frequencies that most Android phones have.
- 4 GHz is better for connections that are far away from your router.
- If you are using this frequency, you will get a better range at longer distances but with slower speeds and vulnerable to interference from other devices.
On the other hand, 5GHz frequency works best for short distances, giving fast speed and stable connectivity as the device is closer to your android phone. Understanding how to increase mobile hotspot speed on Android will require some knowledge about frequencies.
Easy Tips on How to Increase Mobile Hotspot Speed on Android
Now that you know the reasons, you must understand the wifi band settings of your phone. There will be options on your android phone system to switch between 2.4 GHz and 5GHz. There are many ways to find access to the settings depending on your phone model and make.
The following are some broad tips to assist you in locating the settings:
- To begin, make your Android phone a hotspot. Go to Settings > Hotspot and Tethering.
- Enable the WiFi hotspot.
- Click on the Hotspot and tethering option to enter the settings for hotspot and tethering.
- To gain more options, click the three dots for more selections at the top of the page.
- Select Configure Mobile Hotspot> Show advanced options from the drop-down menu.
- Choose and use 5GH band when available.
- Finally, tap on Save.
Now, you can easily make out the difference in performance on your different devices like laptops or computers connected to your hotspot.
So, whenever you need a quick internet solution, all you have to do is use your android phone for good and create a high-speed, secure and personalized hotspot.
How to increase mobile hotspot usage in Samsung?
Following are the steps to increase the mobile hotspot in Samsung:
- Select the Settings option from the drop-down menu.
- Select Tethering and Mobile Hotspot from the Connections menu.
- Select Mobile Hotspot; hit the three dots on the screen’s upper right.
- Select Configure Mobile Hotspot from the drop-down menu.
- Use the 5 GHz frequency; if not, use the 5 GHz band.
Which frequency is better for mobile hotspot-2.4 GHz or 5 GHz?
Using 5 GHz is an excellent method to increase mobile hotspot speed, but the connected devices should have a wireless chip that supports this frequency, but most of the old devices recognize the 2.4 GHz, so it is still the default option.
5G hotspot has better speed than 4G?
The 5G wireless technology is very good at having a stable connection between multiple devices. Moreover, 5G hotspots give much faster speeds that can top 1,000 Mbps in certain places, while giving speeds in the range of 60-100 Mbps in most places which is in every way much faster than 4G.
Don’t hesitate to use the above tips and tricks if you want to know how to make your hotspot faster on android.