USAA offers a full range of credit cards – rewards cards, cash back cards, low-rate cards, and secured cards – to meet your needs. However, you must qualify to get your preferred card. Once your card arrives, you have got to activate it via usaa.com activate or by phone.
Let’s quickly discuss what you need to activate your USAA credit card in a simple, hassle-free way.
What Should You Have to Activate USAA Card via usaa.com activate?
You apply for a new USAA credit card and it arrives within 7 to 10 business days.
The card activation, of course.
Your newly received card must be activated before you get started with purchases and bill payments. Here are the things that you will require to activate your card.
- Card details – Card number, SSN, etc.
- USAA Account Details (Join USAA if you haven’t).
- A stable internet connection (for the online activation process).
- An active mobile number (for the phone activation process).
How to Activate USAA Credit Card via usaa.com/activate or by Phone
There are two ways to activate the USAA card –
- Online, i.e., usaa.com/activate card.
- By Phone (800) 411-4300.
Choose the right method feasible for you.
Online Activation Process (usaa.com activate card)
- Go to usaa.com/activate.
- Enter your USAA Online ID.
- Click the Next button.
- Enter the password and access the Activate Card link.
- Provide the required details like your card number, SSN, DOB, CVV, and other information as prompted.
- Click the Activate button.
usaa.com will verify your identity. If the provided details are correct, your card will be activated right away.
Note: If you don’t have the USAA Online Account details or face a problem logging into your account, you should first JOIN USAA or click the link that says “I need help logging on.”
Phone Activation Process
Yes, the other option is available.
To activate your USAA credit card by phone,
- Dial 800-411-4300.
- Follow the on-call prompts and provide your USAA membership number or your SSN.
After activating the card, you can start using it.
How to Activate USAA Debit Card in 3 Ways
Just like the credit card, your USAA debit card requires you to activate it. The best part is you can activate the card in three ways.
- Via usaa.com activate.
- By Phone.
- ATM Activation
Check each method and decide how you want to activate your new card.
- Launch your browser and go to usaa.com/activate.
- Enter the credentials – Online ID and Password.
- Click the Activate Card link.
- Enter the card details, including your card number, CVV, SSN, DOB, etc.
- Follow the on-screen prompts and activate your card.
Call USAA at 800-411-4300 to activate your USAA debit card over the phone.
Since you hold a debit card, you have the luxury of accessing an ATM to activate your ATM card.
The process is really simple. You will only have to complete a transaction with your PIN at the nearest USAA ATM.
There you go! Your card will be active.
Use the USAA locator to find the ATMs.
How to Register for USAA Online and Mobile Access?
You can register for a USAA Online account in 5 steps –
- Personal Info
- Online Access
If you are already a USAA member, you must provide proof (USAA Number or SSN) of your USAA membership.
Don’t have a USAA membership? Go to this page to join USAA. Click the Get Started button to begin the process.
How do I activate my USAA card?
You can activate your USAA credit card online or by phone. If you want to activate your debit card, you can use the online, phone, and ATM methods.
How do I activate my debit card online?
Go to usaa.com activate and enter the Online ID. You will be prompted to use the card details. Follow the on-screen guidelines to activate your debit card online.
How can I activate my credit card without calling?
- Access usaa.com/activate and type your USAA Online ID.
- Enter the password.
- You will then access the Activate Card link.
- Here, enter the card details and click the Activate button.
Once your identity is verified, your card will be active.
How do I activate my credit card online?
The easiest way to activate your USAA credit card online is by accessing the right address, i.e. usaa com activate.
Can I activate my USAA debit card at any ATM?
No. You should only visit USAA ATMs to activate your ATM or debit card.
You now know three ways to activate your USAA card. Use the most appropriate method and activate the card after it reaches you within 7 – 10 business days.
If you can’t activate the card via usaa.com activate or by phone, contact USAA customer support.