How to Activate KeyBank Credit Card at key.com/activate or by Phone
Last Modified on : July 21, 2022 by Tony Young | Category(s) : Card Activation
In today’s blog post, I will walk you through the easy steps to activate your new KeyBank card at key.com/activate (the online activation portal). The online method is the easiest and most convenient option. I will also explain the alternative tricks to activate the KeyBank card if you don’t have access to the internet.
Have you recently moved to Cleveland, Ohio? You may need banking services during your stay in the city. You will be glad to know that KeyBank is the only major bank based in the city. Not only can you open an account with KeyBank, but also you will love to get a KeyBank card for convenient shopping, making bill payments, and other financial transactions.
If you have something like this in mind and wish to get a KeyBank card, I’m sure you will want to know how to activate it before you can use the card. To help you get over this dilemma, I would like to walk you through the activation steps below.
Before that, if you have no idea what KeyBank is and how you can apply for a card, let me tell you that too.
A primary subsidiary of KeyCorp, KeyBank is a regional bank headquartered in Cleveland.
With 1,197 branches and 1,572 ATMs, KeyBank is 24th on the list of largest banks in the U.S. If you are outside of Cleveland, you can find an ATM or a branch in New York, New Jersey, Maryland, Colorado, Alaska, Michigan, Minnesota, Rhode Island, Virginia, Washington, Indiana, Washington D.C., Idaho, Florida, Connecticut, Illinois, Delaware, Massachusetts, Texas, Utah, Pennsylvania, Oregon, Virginia, and more.
Founded in April 1825, it is one of the nation’s largest, bank-based financial services companies that make it easy for you to bank where you live. In addition, you get 24/7 customer support by phone.
I’m sure you must be excited to bank with KeyBank and enjoy its services & products. Now, you will learn how to apply for a KeyBank credit card.
How to Apply for a KeyBank Card?
There are several reasons why you must get a KeyBank credit card.
- Secure and easy to use
- Access your FICO score (credit score)
- Online & mobile banking
- Account alerts
- Security (report missing, lost, or stolen card)
- MasterCard benefits (zero liability protection, ID theft protection, etc.)
Are you ready to apply for a KeyBank card?
Before settling for any card, you must compare the card and ensure that it fits your financial and spending goals.
Also, you can look for credit cards that can get you cashback on everyday purchases, can help build your credit, or has low-interest rates.
Since KeyBank credit cards don’t levy annual fees, you can select any card and enjoy all the benefits.
KeyBank has four different credit cards on offer.
- Key Cashback Credit Card
- Key Bank Latitude Credit Card
- Key Secured Credit Card
- Key2More Rewards Credit Card
Each card has its benefits and rewards. So you should choose wisely.
Here’s how to apply for a Key Bank card.
- Go to the credit card section and select a card that suits your needs.
- Click the Apply Now option.
- Enter your primary residence ZIP code.
- Click the Continue button.
Note: If you see a “We apologize, but we currently do not offer accounts in your area” message, this means you can avail of a card for yourself.
- Here, you need to select the right option. (See image below).
Note: To apply, you will need your Driver’s License (or other government-issued ID), Social Security Number, and minimum opening deposit (if applying for a Savings or Checking Account).
- You can now provide your Personal Information and Account Information.
- After remitting the above details, you need to Confirm.
Completing an application shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
Your identity and personal information will be reviewed. Once verified and approved, you will receive a KeyBank card within 2-3 weeks.
Also Activate: usaa.com/activate
How to Activate Key Bank Card at key.com/activate
The card will arrive in the mail in a plain white envelope. After receiving your card, you need to activate it using the below methods.
- Go to key.com/activate and click the Sign On to Activate option or click here.
- Enter your user ID and password.
Note: Don’t have the credentials? Click the Enroll in Online Banking link.
- Click the Sign On option.
- Enter the card details, such as your card number, SSN, DOB, etc.
- Click the Activate button.
You are ready to use your Key Bank card.
How to Activate KeyBank Card by Phone?
This is the alternative method to activate your card. You can resort to the phone method and get your card ready for use.
- On your phone, dial 1-866-683-6099.
- Follow the on-call prompts.
- Give card details when prompted.
- Activate your card on the call.
How to Enroll for Key Bank Account?
Unless you enroll for an account with KeyBank, you can’t activate your card and get started.
Here’s what you need to do to enroll for a personal account.
- Visit key.com/activate.
- Click the Enroll Today option.
- Select “My Personal Account”.
- Enter a valid Social Security Number.
- Click the Continue button.
- Enter your User ID and Password.
- Save the credentials.
Your online KeyBank account is ready.